Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Don't Torture a Duckling

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2011, 09:23 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The Archive Conversation

Once again, you have requested a title and Shameless have responded! It’s been cropping up in suggestions threads for years and it’s even been mentioned in the speculation over SHAM031, but Shameless can now announce that SHAM033 will be none other than a Fan Edition release of Lucio Fulci’s masterpiece, Don’t Torture a Duckling for the first time on UK DVD!

For those of you not entirely familiar with the film, here’s a bit more about it:

In a small village in southern Italy, young pre-adolescent boys are turning up dead from strangulation. Evidence points to a number of possible suspects, especially the local "witch," Martiara (Florinda Bolkan), whose voodoo practices and possible insanity make her a likely candidate. But what about Patrizia (Barbara Bouchet), the bored city girl hiding out after a drug scandal, who now passes the time by flaunting her naked body in front of children? The local Catholic Church, headed by young Don Alberto (The Psychic's Marc Porel) and his mother, Aurelia (Irene Papas), tries to keep the population under control, but even the local police are baffled by the case. A reporter from the north, Andrea (Tomas Milian), comes to investigate and recruits Patrizia to discover some genuinely ugly truths about the quiet provincial town.

Don’t Torture a Duckling is the acknowledged Lucio Fulci masterpiece – it is the all time 1st position rating for the director on IMDb.

For those of you more familiar with Fulci’s zombie and gore films, Don't Torture a Duckling will come as a pleasant surprise: a giallo thriller which contains one of Fulci’s most brutal and haunting scenes ever filmed.

10Kbullets: ”Don’t Torture a Duckling is a perfect showcase for those who are only familiar with Fulci’s effects and gore films to finally see his masterpiece.”

The Fan Edition DVD will be released 29 August 2011.

Please note: Images are for illustration only and are not representative of the finished product.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 26th April 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 28th January 2011, 09:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I guessed this for SHAM031 - can I still win a copy?

Seriously though, good announcement. Haven't seen this film for quite a while and don't own a copy so am very excited for this release. Great stuff!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:37 AM
Cultist in Training

FAN-Tastic news One of Fulci's finest. I know this movie inside out, but i'll still buy it!

More lesser seen Fulci please!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:42 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

Ooh very nice. I shall certainly be making a purchase
Old 28th January 2011, 09:53 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Very good news - a superb film. Fulci's best, I reckon.
Old 28th January 2011, 09:56 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I've not seen this film, but I just had a quick look at the trailer on YouTube and it looks great.

I just wish I wasnt so broke, and could get in on all of this new Shameless action.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:11 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Oh yeah!

I watched this not long ago. Great great film. A Fulci classic

WELL DONE AGAIN SHAMELESS!!
Old 28th January 2011, 10:21 AM
Ex-member

Fantastic news It's one of Fulci's best films...please please please have Italian lang/English subs (if so this will be a BIG seller worldwide)
Old 28th January 2011, 10:37 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It may not be my favourite Lucio Fulci film, but Don't Torture a Duckling is probably his best and most narratively competent with some striking imagery and a really nice reveal at the end. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Shameless have in mind in terms of extra features. Great choice, but now to clear up the mystery of ShAM031!
Old 28th January 2011, 10:52 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I guessed this for SHAM031 - can I still win a copy?
You certainly did, it was post #148

...but I'd already said it in post #82
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!