Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Don't Torture a Duckling
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2011, 03:54 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I've been talking Italian with Shameless and they have announced that Don't Torture a Duckling will indeed feature the Italian audio with English subs!
If they need someone who speaks French/Italian to work for them, do let me know

never know your luck, might as well try to have a job that doesn't make you end each day praying for genocide or in the loony bin

^Click for Primitive Doom Metal
Old 5th February 2011, 05:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Great to see this coming out and I'm really pleased I'm finally going to see it in Italian. Bravo!

It's a hard one to call which I like better, but Duckling and Lizard are my favourite Fulcis.
Old 19th February 2011, 01:33 PM
Cultist in Training

This title would be GREAT on BD! One of my favorite giallos and also among the very best ever made....
Old 19th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I imagine a Blu-ray release will only happen if the source material is good enough and if Shameless think there is a big enough market and it seems that, in this case, both criteria haven't been met.
Old 19th February 2011, 04:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any artwork indications yet Sarah?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:46 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Any artwork indications yet Sarah?
None as yet... But it's still early days!

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 20th February 2011, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Looks like it may be time for yours truly to dispense with his relic of an ABUS release and well done Shameless for delivering another much deserved Giallo fave. The long wait for DTAD doesn't bother me at all as i'm quite sure the dragged-out duration will be worth it.
Besides, i'm busy tackling potential purchases of various other DVD and BR titles currently taking up much of my monthly wage!
Old 25th February 2011, 07:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanfromhongkong View Post
(...) I haven't heard about the deleted scene from the Italian dvd - is it cool? (...)
No, actually it doesn't even deserve the name "Deleted Scene"...

It's nothing new really nor that cool. Just a short bit from the title sequence, that was cut from the Italian print. Who has seen the English version of the film on US-DVD for example, knows this scene snippet already as the International version contains it regularly.

The Audio Commentary and Interview from the Italian DVD should be carried over to the UK release (and subtitled), plus the Italian Trailer not to be missed.

...Additional Extras and new feautures are welcome of course.

Shameless hopefully manages to get this film out in a better quality than on the existing DVDs. The AnchorBay/BU transfer was done 10+ years ago, and the Italian transfer has a bit dirty colours and picture, so it should be something new.

Also please take care to use the full title sequence from the International version (so the above mentioned "Deleted Scene" wouldn't be necessary), plus the complete end credits sequence (it's 1 minute shorter on the US-DVD... not many people noticed that, although there is an obvious jump in the music).

Curious for news on that release, will stay tuned.
Old 25th February 2011, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I am quite happy with my ABUS release. If the Shameless release is something special then I will upgrade, if not I may not bother.
Old 25th February 2011, 09:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I am quite happy with my ABUS release. If the Shameless release is something special then I will upgrade, if not I may not bother.
That ABUS release came out in 2000 and is a dated transfer. Major room for improvement and there's also the promise of Italian audio. I'm very cautious when it comes to double dipping on most things, even replacing DVDs with BDs but this should be worth the trouble.

Like this? Share it using the links below!