Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Don't Torture a Duckling (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dont-torture-duckling/6526-sham033-%E2%80%93-don%E2%80%99t-torture-duckling-dvd-specs.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 12:05 PM

SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The DVD Specs

4 Attachment(s)

“My favourite of my own films” Lucio Fulci

In a small Italian village, pre-adolescent boys are turning up dead and evidence points to either the local witch (Florinda Bolkan), or a beautiful, bored, city girl (Barbara Bouchet) hiding out after a drug scandal...

From Lucio Fulci, the infamous director of The Beyond and The New York Ripper, comes this accomplished, stylish thriller in the Italian ‘giallo’ genre. Naturalistic settings, stunning make-up effects and inspired use of music lend a genuinely shocking intensity to a violent tale of tragedy, prejudice and murder, depicting a world in which injustice goes unpunished, moral values are a sham, and innocence is destroyed. Don't Torture a Duckling is also a stinging attack on the Italian Establishment which allegedly resulted in Lucio Fulci being blacklisted for many years.

A strong story full of challenging moral concepts, Don't Torture a Duckling is as brutal and disturbing as Lucio Fulci's horror films, but it's also his most powerful and morally focussed work, and a magnificent high point in his long and distinguished career.

This Shameless Fan Edition comes complete with a whole host of extras including...
  • English & optional Italian Audio & English Subtitles
  • Booklet inside adapted by Stephen Thrower from his definitive book BEYOND TERROR
  • Italian Theatrical Trailer
  • Shameless Trailer park
  • Reversible Sleeve which looks like this...

And here's the brand new Shameless trailer!

Pre-order now here:

- Amazon.co.uk
- play.com
- HMV.com

DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD (RRP £15.99) BY SHAMELESS SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT ON 29 AUGUST 2011.

platostotal 23rd August 2011 01:27 PM

Crumbs, that's in a few days, I'm gonna be officially skint by the end of September thanks to Shameless & Arrowdrome and their great releases, but you know it's a good skint:lol:

Pete 23rd August 2011 03:46 PM

Really wish Shameless would change panel A, it's truly awful. Lack of extras is disappointing too.

Slippery Jack 23rd August 2011 04:01 PM

I'm sure it's probably explained somewhere, but what does 'Fan Edition' mean? You'd assume from that title it would include a bunch of special features made by/involving fans, like a fan commentary or something???

JAMIOUSE 23rd August 2011 06:11 PM

So is Duckling definatly out on the 29th August Sarah?

Jonny 24th August 2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 176170)
I'm sure it's probably explained somewhere, but what does 'Fan Edition' mean? You'd assume from that title it would include a bunch of special features made by/involving fans, like a fan commentary or something???

The booklet is written by Stephen Thrower who is a fan of Lucio Fulci plus Marc Morris worked on the transfer, audio and subtitles and he's a fan of Fulci too.

Sarah@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 176231)
So is Duckling definatly out on the 29th August Sarah?

As far as we know. There's still a wee bit of confusion after the Sony fire but so far it's looking good for 29 August!

vinncent 24th August 2011 11:44 AM

Where are the reviews??

bedorca 24th August 2011 12:09 PM

Cover A is awesome :clap:

Kinda reminds me of the back of a Shameless title :lol:

Splatterdragon73 24th August 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 176162)
Lack of extras is disappointing.

I agree and yours truly expected a bit more where bonus material is concerned.

Oh well, at least the Shameless release is an improvement over the ABUS DVD and i still look forward to the relevant U.K. edition popping through my letterbox.:)