Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Censorship (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Video Nasties Documentary (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/censorship/3325-new-video-nasties-documentary.html)

EMcG 22nd July 2010 08:45 AM

New Video Nasties Documentary

THIS looks amazing.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd July 2010 11:05 AM

Certainly does! It's showing at FrightFest this year so if can go, you should check it out there. I'll probably be going to see it. The artwork alone is incredible.

vipco 22nd July 2010 11:27 AM

Cant wait to get this in my collection. A genuine 'must have' for ALL film fans imho.

Daemonia 22nd July 2010 11:42 AM

Surprisingly, I probably won't be getting this. I think I've had my fill of the 'nasties' - I've read and watched documentaries and pretty much know all I need to know. I'm more interested in collecting the actual films than watching documentaries about them. A DVD full of old trailers really doesn't appeal to me, but the documentary looks interesting, so I may rent that disc.

But hey, that's just my opinion. For those with an ongoing interest this is probably an essential addition and I would certainly encourage those with such an interest to pick this up.

Playzocker 22nd July 2010 12:09 PM

Since I don't like watching trailers, I won't be getting this ... what I would get, though, is a 75 disc set containing all video nasties (uncut for the first time :D) and bonus features on Blu-ray ... that would be unbelievably awesome :D

Angel 22nd July 2010 02:30 PM

Yeah I would definitely buy that one.

vipco 22nd July 2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 93448)
Surprisingly, I probably won't be getting this. I think I've had my fill of the 'nasties' - I've read and watched documentaries and pretty much know all I need to know. I'm more interested in collecting the actual films than watching documentaries about them. A DVD full of old trailers really doesn't appeal to me, but the documentary looks interesting, so I may rent that disc.

But hey, that's just my opinion. For those with an ongoing interest this is probably an essential addition and I would certainly encourage those with such an interest to pick this up.

I see your point Daemonia and for me the doc is the main selling point too, as I also have had my fill of 'the nasties' .
I see this as a good way to end of my collection / interest in these films once and for all.
Not as essential a buy for me as I first thought , as im not a big trailer fan and my interest was solely with the doc , but good for new fans and those with a passing nostalgic interest.

Daemonia 22nd July 2010 05:45 PM

I totally understand that, Vips. I may well end up getting it anyway. I just wonder how many more 'definitive' guides on DVD, books etc there has to be before the well truly runs dry. Still, as you say, for a trip down the nostalgic memory lane I suppose it ain't a bad way to do it.

I imagine Nucleus will have to sell a ton of these to cover the costs of licensing all the trailers from all the numerous rights holders. Or don't trailers have to be licensed..? I don't know, which is why I ask the question. And were these trailers sourced from proper film sources or from old VHS tapes?

Richcrue 23rd July 2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 93443)
Cant wait to get this in my collection. A genuine 'must have' for ALL film fans imho.

My opinion too!I`ve been waiting over 25 yrs for this!!

Daemonia 23rd July 2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richcrue (Post 93600)
My opinion too!I`ve been waiting over 25 yrs for this!!

Sorry....you've been waiting 25 years for a DVD of trailers..? Fair play to you, you're a patient man. :lol: