Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2013, 01:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

XT should provide proof to take away any doubts but they don't seem to care,all editions sold out and probably more on the way (small hardbox,metalpack etc).
Old 1st September 2013, 01:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I know I read somewhere someone held off on the materials for the mutilator because he didn't like bill and now that's looking to get a dvd release so who knows.
There are no decent materials of The Mutilator in possession of the licensor according to Bill.

Someone's claimed there were and he was going to release a blu:

"Not to state the obvious, but Titan Video's supposed Blu-Ray of THE MUTILATOR ain't happening. a). CR still have the rights; and b). If the elements aren't even up to DVD standards, how the heck would a blu ever have been possible? Looks like the company is no more, and their FB page(s) disappeared." (Matthew David)
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st September 2013, 01:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
XT should provide proof to take away any doubts but they don't seem to care,all editions sold out and probably more on the way (small hardbox,metalpack etc).
I'm sure they look lovely but I hope no ones buying these specially packaged editions as investments. It reminds me of the comic book market in the late 90's when every other book had variant/chromium/3d covers specifically marketed at speculators. I still have a few of these but mainly as i liked them and had them framed. A lot of people who bought them as investments got badly burned when the bubble burst.
Old 1st September 2013, 01:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
There are no decent materials of The Mutilator in possession of the licensor according to Bill.

Someone's claimed there were and he was going to release a blu:

"Not to state the obvious, but Titan Video's supposed Blu-Ray of THE MUTILATOR ain't happening. a). CR still have the rights; and b). If the elements aren't even up to DVD standards, how the heck would a blu ever have been possible? Looks like the company is no more, and their FB page(s) disappeared." (Matthew David)
Thanks for clarifying that. Trouble is there is so much scuttlebut on the web its hard to tell whats genuine.

These debate over the legitimacy of the Nightmare releases being case in point.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN (1981) Part Two: Code Red Nightmare: An Interview with LEE CHRISTIAN

Keep in mind the blu is not yet available to international buyers (for the time being).
I think everything in the store is USA only as long as Bill is on the road btw. (edit: just checked and there's no shipping coming up for other countries at the moment)
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 22nd July 2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:57 PM
Cult Addict

Bloody hope so! Best of all if the store comes up around the 28th. When I get paid. I tend to make nice big orders off Bill.

He put the fear of god into me saying he wasn't shipping to some European countries.

Given nightmares status as a nasty I had feared we might not see it.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I don't have a crystal ball but I'm guessing international shipping (except to Germany maybe because of the high court rulings there?) will return when Bill is back home.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:52 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Even if Bill decides not to ship Nightmare abroad from his bigcartel store, surely he will ship some stock to Diabolik which will mean that us non-US folk will be able to purchase.
Old 8th August 2014, 07:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This is available now at bluraysforeveryone although it comes with a price tag of £34 delivered to UK

Too much for me, but hopefully it will be available elsewhere at a better price before long
Old 8th August 2014, 10:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm not prepared to pay over the odds for a BD of Nightmare. I'll stick with the CR DVD release - even if the lack of English subtitles on the Scavolini interview is annoying.

Like this? Share it using the links below!