Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2012, 06:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen enough of Boll's films to say whether your statement is completely jusified (I hear Rampage is supposed to be pretty decent), but Ittenbach, whilst not a great director (he should have stuck to FX work of which he is a master), is certainly better than Boll in many respects.
I believe he did the fx for Bloodrayne.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 11th March 2012, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Less arthouse than Jorg Buttgereit, less sleazy than Bethmann but more polished (these days) than Andreas Schnaas - I think 'Legion of the Dead' looked like a pitiful attempt to go mainstream. That said, I have a certain amount of time for Ittenbach when he's full on - for those into quite transgressive gore, keep an eye out for 'No Reason'. 'Dard Divorce' also features lots of torture and violence, and many sing the praises of 'Premutos', a high octane 16mm zombie comedy (which I think is absolutely rubbish). 'Burning Moon' is bad SOV-style, but I like it, and 'Beyond the Limits' is a weirdly misshapen combo of diptyche / TV movie slick / ultraviolence - worth watching, feels like it shouldn't really exist. There are others which I haven't bothered with.
Old 11th March 2012, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I believe he did the fx for Bloodrayne.
You're right.

Ittenbach is really great when it comes to gory special effects. His films as a director are negligible, though.

Greetings!
Old 12th March 2012, 08:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I am not e big fan of his works. The FX are ok, but mostly way over the top and thereby more smile inducing than causing fear or disgust. The plots of his films are horrible and the dialogues are a joke at best - absolutely Tarantiono wannabe dialogues of the worst kind. And he is known to cheat his fans, askking them to help finance the films with the promise of special fan editions, which then either don't come, or are highly disapointing - still, the number of fans won't go away - it seems that stupidity rules
Old 12th March 2012, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Boll isnt fit to lick his shoes imo.

Having only seen Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead (truly one of a kind imo) but champing at the bit to see more, il only say that most of the German films ive seen have that special blend of lunacy that i approve of.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th March 2012, 08:56 PM
Active Cultist

With perfect timing, Intervision are releasing 'Burning Moon' onto DVD tomorrow in the US, including a recently discovered 45 minute contemporary 'making of' documentary.

The film is a 1980s style 'video nasty' gory-horror that should appeal to genre fans - read the full review Burning Moon.
Old 13th March 2012, 03:38 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Boll isnt fit to lick his shoes imo.

Having only seen Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead (truly one of a kind imo) but champing at the bit to see more, il only say that most of the German films ive seen have that special blend of lunacy that i approve of.....
I remember seeeing PREMUTOS on the Shock-O-Rama label w/crap artwork cover and the really shitty American dubbing
sometimes they sounded as if they talking/screaming into a bucket
Old 14th March 2012, 10:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
I remember seeeing PREMUTOS on the Shock-O-Rama label w/crap artwork cover and the really shitty American dubbing
sometimes they sounded as if they talking/screaming into a bucket
Hmmmm. That sounds familiar. Added to it imo, as did the "non linear" storyline

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th April 2012, 04:03 AM
Cultist

I like the Burning Moon and Premutos!! I dig all his insane gore, though I've been dumbfounded sometimes at the dialogue for Olafs other films......
Old 17th April 2012, 04:02 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

I remember the first time I watched "The Burning Moon" with a friend. It was on a german dvd-release with no subtitles (well, you don't really need subs, the dialogue isn't that important). Well, we both thought the film was really boring to begin with, but it slowly got more and more interesting along the way, and after the epic ending we were both hooked! This was the first Ittenbach-film I watched, and now I've seen every single one except the 2 Familienradgeber-flicks. But I hope I get a chance to watch them soon as well! The favourite is still "The Burning Moon" though!

I recently got the three new AWE/Njuta-film releases of his 3 first works (not the early-years shorts). Great releases! But not english-friendly, only nordic subs.

They look like this anyhow:

Like this? Share it using the links below!