Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Crime & Thriller

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010, 09:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Fulci's Contraband aka The Smuggler
Old 24th November 2010, 04:52 PM
Cultist in Training

All of Di Leo's crime movies are great, and when you like those, you might want to watch some of the Umberto Lenzi ones, like Napoli Violenta.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Some great recommendations on this thread - and I'll add my admiration for Sergio Grieco's Beast With a Gun (La belva col mitra), which was out on DVD from Anchor Bay US. It's a relentless rollercoaster ride of sleaze and violence. The film literally just lurches from one outrageous set piece to another. Absolutely brilliant - and I'm convinced the razor scene at the end of the film must have gone some way to influencing a similar scene in Deodato's House on the Edge of the Park. Helmut Berger is on fine, maniacal form and there's also the lovely Marisa Mell.

Revolver is another good one which features an irresistible pairing of Oliver Reed and Fabio Testi and it's all good stuff. Sergio Sollima directs with a sure hand and it's a thoroughly entertaining ride - Testi and Reed have surprisngly effective on-screen chemistry. Best line from the film: 'I'm gonna turn this town inside out like a sock!'

Redneck (Senza ragione) is one that isn't brilliant, but nevertheless I have a fondness for it. I just found it funny and entertaining - especially the way Terry Savalas' character blames everyone else for his wrongdoing 'Look what you made me do!' Again, I found the pairing of Telly Savalas and Franco Nero too much to resist. So...I'd recommend this one if you can find it, I really enjoyed it.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I also like Redneck,it used to be available on UK dvd (Waterfall Home Entertainment).
Old 25th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I also like Redneck,it used to be available on UK dvd (Waterfall Home Entertainment).
Me too. The UK disc can be picked up dirt cheap on Amazon:

Redneck [DVD] [1972]: Amazon.co.uk: Brendan Cowles, Jack Cowles, Stephanie Geyer, Fred Hessman, Shane Kuhn, Sadie Stratton, Mark Sullivan, Franco Nero, Telly Savalas, Mark Lester, Ely Galleani, Duilio Del Prete, Silvio Narizzano, Michael Lester, Maso
Old 27th November 2010, 10:25 PM
Cultist

Watched Rome Armed to the Teeth and Violent Naples over the past couple of days. Two good films although personally I preferred Rome as I thought it was the better movie.
Old 28th November 2010, 05:08 PM
Cultist

Just ordered the following from Kultvideo:

Il Boss
Colpo in canna
La cittÃ* sconvolta - Caccia spietata ai rapitori
La mala ordina
Napoli serenata calibro 9
Milano calibro 9

…for about €42 for the lot. They haven't come and asked me for payment yet, which is a bit odd - no direct forwarding to the PayPal page, for example.
Old 28th November 2010, 06:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It's normal,you will get a mail with the total (including registered postage) and their info.
Old 4th December 2010, 01:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

There are rumours of a bd of this one...

Old 4th December 2010, 03:47 PM
Cultist

Received my order in the post this afternoon...

Like this? Share it using the links below!