Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Flavia The Heretic (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=496)
-   -   SHAM007 - Flavia The Heretic (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/flavia-heretic/115-sham007-flavia-heretic.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 1st November 2007 01:58 PM

Here's the Flavia sleeve for people to have heart failure over:jest::

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...via2DLarge.jpg

Razorhead 1st November 2007 04:29 PM

SHAM007 - Flavia The Heretic

I see what he means about the pole going behind the head... what if you just brought the top end of the pole into the foreground a little bit - so it looks like the pole is coming from out of the hair instead of behind it... you get me? No more blood needed.

It's a very minor detail - but you're creating a cover from scratch which will probably be known to generations to come... and apart from that it's ace! Brilliant work on the text.

Sam@Cult Labs 2nd November 2007 01:26 PM

Well, I work for shameless but I don't have any imput in the sleeve designs but I think we are just going back to basic exploitation principles here. People can go on about these films as art all they like and that's valid, but these movies were designed to be sold with a lurid campaign, a vile sleeve and a touch of the carnival barker. I we house these films in tasteful, "they are art now" covers then we would be selling out the original spirit of the movies. they were designed to entertain by appealing to our basest desires, so the sleeves reflect that

broonage 4th November 2007 03:38 PM

fab! Love the covers

Jonny 4th November 2007 07:25 PM

Like I said in the DVD Maniacs thread, and elsewhere, I like the Ratman cover... the tagline's a belter for sure! :D

Not keen on the Flavia one, bit busy for my tastes. But really at the end of the day I can honestly say I've never been put of buying a DVD because of the cover. Christ once I've bought it it'll spend the rest of it's life on my shelf with just the spine showing.

Almar@Cult Labs 5th November 2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 388)
Like I said in the DVD Maniacs thread, and elsewhere, I like the Ratman cover... the tagline's a belter for sure! :D

Not keen on the Flavia one, bit busy for my tastes. But really at the end of the day I can honestly say I've never been put of buying a DVD because of the cover. Christ once I've bought it it'll spend the rest of it's life on my shelf with just the spine showing.

Shit! You saying I should have been posting images of the spines instead? Boy did i get this one wrong...

Sarah@Cult Labs 5th November 2007 04:36 PM

Just sticking in my two cents worth. I'm not familiar with either film so I'm judging it straight on the covers. I love the Ratman cover art. It's really eye catching and funny - I'd buy it if I saw it in HMV and the like. I like the cover art for Flavia The Heretic - again, it's very eye catching. I have to agree with others though in that I really don't like the tagline. That would probably put me off buying the film, whether I knew more about it or not. It just seems a bit silly and completely out of keeping with the rest of the artwork on the sleeve.

Philleh 5th November 2007 04:44 PM

I would have paid more attention to the feminist attitude of the film. Have an overly offensive tag-line against men, seeing as the film is about a womans hatred of men and all :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 5th November 2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 395)
I would have paid more attention to the feminist attitude of the film. Have an overly offensive tag-line against men, seeing as the film is about a womans hatred of men and all :)

I agree - that would be a lot better. If the film's got a feminist slant then a tag-line that reflects that would be much more suitable and much more likely to attract the right audience.