Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Culture Vulture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2012, 08:38 PM
Ex-Member

Default Footprints Question

I have just watched this film and I thought it was really good. Quite poetic, and kept me on the edge of my seat. However I am unclear on the ending. Was the moon incident part of a experiment in which she was part of? Was the place she worked at somehow involved in all this? And how couldn't she remember being there? And them guys in space suits at the end, where were they taking her? Perhaps we are not meant to know, but I'm really intrigued with this film. Its stuck with me. Does anyone also have any info about it? Trivia? I know a few different edits were used to restore it but thats all. Anyway I loved it, and would be happy to watch anything similiar you may all recommend.
Old 14th January 2012, 10:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I have just watched this film and I thought it was really good. Quite poetic, and kept me on the edge of my seat. However I am unclear on the ending. Was the moon incident part of a experiment in which she was part of? Was the place she worked at somehow involved in all this? And how couldn't she remember being there? And them guys in space suits at the end, where were they taking her? Perhaps we are not meant to know, but I'm really intrigued with this film. Its stuck with me. Does anyone also have any info about it? Trivia? I know a few different edits were used to restore it but thats all. Anyway I loved it, and would be happy to watch anything similiar you may all recommend.
As someone who's not too bright........ I have no idea!
Old 14th January 2012, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wouldn't have thought they'd be wearing spacesuits to apprehend her on the beach so I think that's a big clue to show that it's all in her mind.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:53 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
I wouldn't have thought they'd be wearing spacesuits to apprehend her on the beach so I think that's a big clue to show that it's all in her mind.
But if its all in her mind? Who are they? If it was in her mind then she imagined the space incident, which she thought she had dreamt. Also if it is in her mind then that means she had a break down and went to the town from her childhood and changed her name forgetting it all when she got back, thus meaning everyone had met her. Ah son that could mean the people on the beach were not real, which was why the old woman said she hadn't seen the.

If that is the case....OH DEAR IVE GONE CROSS EYE...
Old 15th January 2012, 02:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
But if its all in her mind? Who are they? If it was in her mind then she imagined the space incident, which she thought she had dreamt. Also if it is in her mind then that means she had a break down and went to the town from her childhood and changed her name forgetting it all when she got back, thus meaning everyone had met her. Ah son that could mean the people on the beach were not real, which was why the old woman said she hadn't seen the.

If that is the case....OH DEAR IVE GONE CROSS EYE...
They were probably scenes from a sci-fi film she'd seen as a kid or something, and became part of her paranoia.
Old 26th February 2012, 04:07 PM
Cultist

Spoiler alert!
Demoncrat likes this.

"The monster was the best friend I ever had" - Boris Karloff.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed.
i think that the best thing to do with "lyrical" cinema is to JUST GO WITH IT.

Ever seen "Celine and Julie Go Boating" ? now there's a film that defies "meaning" on a whole new level.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th February 2012, 08:40 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Indeed.
i think that the best thing to do with "lyrical" cinema is to JUST GO WITH IT.

Ever seen "Celine and Julie Go Boating" ? now there's a film that defies "meaning" on a whole new level.
I agree and disagree. To go with it is fine, but Footprints builds up huge suspense, and leaves the audience thinking, what does all this mean, what is going on and then at the end, sort of like Lost, it fails to deliver a reply and goes for the arty 'make of it what you will'.

Like this? Share it using the links below!