Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seems to have better availability in Italy...
Old 30th October 2009, 10:47 AM
Cult Rookie

finally i got my copy from play.com,
the one dispatched last august got lost but they were very kind at play and got me a replacement.

also i wanted to let you know that there's a good review on the latest number of the italian movie magazine 'nocturno'.

massi
Old 30th October 2009, 06:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Have fun watching it Massi!
Pretty cool that there's a review in Nocturno...
Old 1st February 2010, 06:45 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Footprints / Le Orme

Got this on DVD the other day (thanks Shameless!) and have already watched it twice. Really great music too, though sadly this does not seem to be available anywhere.

The film is very intriguing and even appeals to people who tend to write off gialli as tedious 'blood and tits' vehicles.

The cinematography is brilliant, and the atmosphere created is (in my view) more disturbing and scary than any created by Argento without the need for nightmarish violence. The success is that the film is in many parts utterly believable. In particular I was impressed by Florinda Bolkan's ability as an actress (she's actually good) to portray that feeling of immense exhaustion and insomnia. A wonderful, lonesome film that really needs to be seen.

It is great that Shameless have managed to re-builed this film, but it does sadden me slightly to think that a more consistent quality version could not be sourced. Still, I appease myself by thinking it is better to see this film in some form rather than no form! And as it was previously only available on VHS with missing chunks, I think we have a lot to be greatful for.

I am still calling for Spider Labyrinth though!
Old 1st February 2010, 05:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A beautiful film to be sure.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th February 2010, 11:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Gruesometwosome Send a message via Skype™ to Gruesometwosome

This film is a mixed bag for me, it was absolutely breathtaking all the way through racking my brains trying to figure out the damn mystery, which I never do until the end by the way : D

And comparing the Shameless version to those odd parts of the original tape the difference in quality was absolutely insane, a truly beautiful film.

However I really didn't enjoy the ending, I don't it just felt abit too silly to me anyway.
Old 20th February 2010, 01:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think it's a near impossible film to end - much like say Argento's Inferno. The ride meanwhile like you say is something else - it's a true pleasure having a film you can lose yourself in.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:29 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thanks for that Female Vampire info Cloud.
I'll try and track it down, I really love that tune thats played though most of the film.
I'd only suggest Female Vampire if you have seen Franco's better Vampire movies. Not that Female Vampire isn't good but...it drags in allot of places

Now Vampyres (by Jose Ramon Larraz) - there's a fine 'erotic' vampire movie even if the 'erotic' scenes are a little unconvincing.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruesometwosome View Post
However I really didn't enjoy the ending, I don't it just felt abit too silly to me anyway.
I thought the end was the only way to go - the character's final, ultimate collapse into madness.

a bleak, beautiful film.
Old 24th February 2010, 02:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Loved it,
only had a bit of trouble with the "end coda".
Could have been left out (like in the US version).
However I do realize it is the most complete version partly due to the inclusion of this.
I think the end coda was originally made for "confused normal audiences"...

Oh and Spider Labyrinth would be a fantastic choice to release!

Like this? Share it using the links below!