Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2010, 07:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I didn't think it was bad and the reason is probably that pristine materials are no longer available for this film.

"As with a number of previous Shameless restorations, the cut here has been assembled from more than one print, with the missing material from the English language version patched up with footage from a lower quality Italian original, which accounts for the occasional switch to Italian dialogue and the sudden appearance of English subtitles, sometimes midway through a shot. If you've selected the Italian track then the restored sequences are still easily identifiable by the temporary drop in picture quality. On the whole the transfer is good, in spite of some intermittent stability issues that prompt the image to wobble a bit in the early stages. The colours are a little faded but the contrast is decent enough, though black levels are rarely completely solid and occasionally drift into grey. The sharpness varies, but on the best material is impressive." (Dvd Outsider)
Old 14th June 2010, 07:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Personally, I thought the print looked fantastic. And it's not available anywhere else, to my knowledge. Buy it!
Old 14th June 2010, 07:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Personally, I thought the print looked fantastic. And it's not available anywhere else, to my knowledge. Buy it!
Ditto! The difference in quality between the 'normal' film and the inserts is massive, but that's only serves to highlight how good the film generally looks. It's not perfect, and a long way from a film made in the last couple of years, but it looked a damn sight better than I was expecting!
Old 14th June 2010, 07:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Footprints is my favourite Shameless release so far; a worldwide DVD debut for a very beautiful and intensely surreal film. Highly recommended.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:57 PM
Active Cultist

Which is a better viewing experience, the English or Italian dub?
Old 26th June 2010, 03:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Probably the Italian as it seems more 'ethereal' in a foreign language and there isn't the jump to a different language when the inserted scenes come about.
Old 27th June 2010, 07:35 PM
Active Cultist

Competition

Thanx a lot guys, looks like this release of Footprints will be on my buy list.

A more than helpful quote from the impressing review above, by Dvd Outsider:

"As with a number of previous Shameless restorations, the cut here has been assembled from more than one print, with the missing material from the English language version patched up with footage from a lower quality Italian original, which accounts for the occasional switch to Italian dialogue and the sudden appearance of English subtitles, sometimes midway through a shot. If you've selected the Italian track then the restored sequences are still easily identifiable by the temporary drop in picture quality."

Pretty much summarizes it all, doesn't it?
Old 16th February 2011, 09:30 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Was just sent this interesting review of Footprints as a noir.
Old 17th October 2011, 02:07 AM
Active Cultist

Is this OOP now? Thought I would finally get around to buying a copy and HMV seems to be the only place to have it in stock, all of the other sites have the "1-4 weeks delivery" date which basically means no chance of you ever seeing it...
Old 17th October 2011, 06:07 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
Is this OOP now? Thought I would finally get around to buying a copy and HMV seems to be the only place to have it in stock, all of the other sites have the "1-4 weeks delivery" date which basically means no chance of you ever seeing it...
It's not been deleted. The reason some sites are out of stock is that stock is still being replenished after the Sony fire destroyed all stock being held there. It takes time but you should start seeing titles getting back into stock.

As far as I know, the only title going OOP is SHAM001.

Like this? Share it using the links below!