Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2009, 09:21 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Originally posted by NNN
"Oh, come on! How much can it cost to have the subs created? I can create them for free if Shameless includes the Italian track."

If Shameless can get subs for the Italian track for free and it's possible to match up the Italian track....I would certainly suggest they go for that option.
If there are no other problems to be considered?
Optional subs are the way to go if there's no legal problem.
This would make for a pretty definitive release.

Incidentally I've read some companies do include subs created by fans on their releases.
It's cheap for them and the subs are (usually) very good.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:05 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNN View Post
I'd love to read the interview but apparently one has to wait for the registration to be approved or something.
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise that section wasn't open to guests.

It's now open and your account is too.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:18 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise that section wasn't open to guests.

It's now open and your account is too.
Thank you. Fascinating stuff. But rather confirms my point, I thought. Not, perhaps, that the English sound editors were illiterate, but at least that a lot of factors combined to work against a good dub.
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:44 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well I'm piping all the comments back to the disc producers - there's some further debate going on about it all...
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Well I'm piping all the comments back to the disc producers - there's some further debate going on about it all...
that's great, thank you
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cool,thanks for the response.
Old 7th June 2009, 05:22 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well the maths are being done on whether an Italian track is viable. Shameless are still very much of the opinion that the English track is the best and indeed the correct choice for this film but the purpose of this forum is to help shape better DVDs that will appeal to users. The emerging and rather disappointing trend is that the older releases of already available films with sleazier covers sell a lot better than these collector's editions which economically aren't adding up so well. That said the solution for them would surely next have to be to only sell such releases direct from the site because retailers impose such low prices making it impossible to even break even.
Old 7th June 2009, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Reading your comment I was wondering will there only be 1 track or maybe 2 tracks?
If there's going to be only 1 track I would prefer English.
I agree the English track should be first choice (since this was recorded in English) with the Italian as a possible bonus.

I'm sure a lot of fans would buy direct if they fancy the dvd.
I notice many people making an effort to get dvd's from all over the world,sometimes at ridiculous prices...
Incidentally small US dvd company Dorado films recently made a statement saying their sales went up when they started accepting paypal.

Any news on "the Italian connection" btw?
I'm sure Kultvideo (and maybe others) could sell some more Baba Yaga dvd's for you.

Another question I had is :why isn't diabolikdvd (now that Xploited stopped,the most important US import webshop) selling your "exclusive releases"?
I'm sure a dvd like Footprints would be of interest to them.

I hope I'm not getting to pushy with my posts,only wanting to help out...
Old 7th June 2009, 09:46 PM
Cult Rookie

my vote for both audio tracks!
Old 8th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Cult Rookie

The Italian audio track guarantees many more sales, because in italy this movie is not released on dvd.
Sorry for my English.

Like this? Share it using the links below!