Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Formula For A Murder

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2013, 07:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Not too keen on the cover, but really looking forward to buying this.
Old 28th December 2013, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Agree with everyone else don't like that cover at all. Will pick this up if I can find it cheap, but with shameless not releasing stuff on blu ray, will just pick up any new stuff that interests me when I see it cheap.

I really do think they would get more sales if they moved into blu ray like most other companys
Old 28th December 2013, 08:28 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Despite what people might believe, it still does cost more to manufacture a blu-ray disc than a dvd. Yes, Code Red has released a few of them, but they've hardly made a profit on them, if any. I really doubt we'll see many blu-ray's from Shameless.
Old 28th December 2013, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Despite what people might believe, it still does cost more to manufacture a blu-ray disc than a dvd. Yes, Code Red has released a few of them, but they've hardly made a profit on them, if any. I really doubt we'll see many blu-ray's from Shameless.
Will probably get it new then but would of preferred blu ray, but they are a very small company and as you say a blu ray is just not variable for them but this does interest me unlike there last 2 releases.
Old 28th December 2013, 09:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm more than happy with a decent dvd of this more obscure giallo offering.
Old 28th December 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I hate the cover but I'm going to pick it up anyway.

First time in a long while I've been excited by a Shameless release.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th December 2013, 09:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I believe Michael Brooke said something about the small companies – like Arrow – who are in the Blu-ray market are barely making a profit from the HD releases. I'd like to find a quote, but I can't!
Old 28th December 2013, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I believe Michael Brooke said something about the small companies – like Arrow – who are in the Blu-ray market are barely making a profit from the HD releases. I'd like to find a quote, but I can't!
I can't see that being true with arrow with all the great stuff coming which I'm sure they need money to get and the low prices of stuff in sales, but I could be wrong
Old 28th December 2013, 11:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default SHAMO41: Formula For A Murder - Artwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I can't see that being true with arrow with all the great stuff coming which I'm sure they need money to get and the low prices of stuff in sales, but I could be wrong

Unfortunately you are wrong. Look at it like this, Arrow were looking at MGM titles to release on BD, they looked at the dvd sales of titles, and if they've been successful, they're considered. Now, I know they looked at Troll & Troll 2. Granted, not major titles, but in the UK, the double feature dvd sold a few hundred copies. Not worth their while spending money to licence stuff like that. Tbh, unless a film has been a financial success at the cinema or on vhs/dvd, every title companies like Shameless and Arrow release, are a risk. It's the sad truth unfortunately. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make a profit on stuff like Spider Baby or Pit Stop.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 28th December 2013, 11:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Unfortunately you are wrong. Look at it like this, Arrow were looking at MGM titles to release on BD, they looked at the dvd sales of titles, and if they've been successful, they're considered. Now, I know they looked at Troll & Troll 2. Granted, not major titles, but in the UK, the double feature dvd sold a few hundred copies. Not worth their while spending money to licence stuff like that. Tbh, unless a film has been a financial success at the cinema or on vhs/dvd, every title companies like Shameless and Arrow release, are a risk. It's the sad truth unfortunately. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make a profit on stuff like Spider Baby or Pit Stop.
I think, we as cult film fans, sometimes become too blinkered in our own little worlds of cultdom and presume that because all around us there is talk of cult titles and releases, that the world at large is also interested in the things we like and will buy it up by the bucket load.

Like this? Share it using the links below!