Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Four Flies on Grey Velvet

Like Tree99Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2011, 01:23 AM
Cultist

I got the AWE disc in the mail today(yeah, we Scandinavians always gets these AWE releases before anyone else!), anyone want some screenshots? It would also be nice to know what the missing scenes exactly are, so that i can see if those are in the AWE version or not, but i can confirm that the Italian dialouge in the end scene is intact, in Italian with English subtitles, and of course it also features Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish subtites for the whole movie, but the English subs are just for the Italian dialouge in the end. It has one English track(for the whole movie except some minutes in the end) and one Italian track(for the whole movie). Very good quality! But the coverart is extremely ugly and repulsive as you may know, so i am really looking forward to see what Shameless has in store!

Here's a pic of the DVD i recieved:

yes, horrible, horrible cover
Old 4th October 2011, 09:11 AM
Cult Rookie

The AWE disc apparently has the pitch problem that the MYA disc had, on the English track, where the voices sound... wrong. Hope Shameless will take care not to make it a third cockup in a row!!!
Old 4th October 2011, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper View Post
I got the AWE disc in the mail today(yeah, we Scandinavians always gets these AWE releases before anyone else!), anyone want some screenshots? It would also be nice to know what the missing scenes exactly are, so that i can see if those are in the AWE version or not, but i can confirm that the Italian dialouge in the end scene is intact, in Italian with English subtitles, and of course it also features Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish subtites for the whole movie, but the English subs are just for the Italian dialouge in the end. It has one English track(for the whole movie except some minutes in the end) and one Italian track(for the whole movie). Very good quality! But the coverart is extremely ugly and repulsive as you may know, so i am really looking forward to see what Shameless has in store!

Here's a pic of the DVD i recieved:

yes, horrible, horrible cover
ok, an original poster image would have been nicer, but its not that bad....
Old 4th October 2011, 11:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'amato lives! View Post
The AWE disc apparently has the pitch problem that the MYA disc had, on the English track, where the voices sound... wrong. Hope Shameless will take care not to make it a third cockup in a row!!!
I have compared them and they didnt sound as bad as the MYA disc, still not perfect though, allthough i will watch the Italian version with Swedish subtitles so that wont bother me personally.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:47 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
ok, an original poster image would have been nicer, but its not that bad....
In my opinion its a very horrible cover cause it makes it look like a DTV Hostel knockoff, if it was a cover for a DTV Hostel or Saw knockoff it would be great, but not for an Argento giallo!
Old 4th October 2011, 11:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
In my opinion its a very horrible cover cause it makes it look like a DTV Hostel knockoff, if it was a cover for a DTV Hostel or Saw knockoff it would be great, but not for an Argento giallo!
easy tiger!! i can honestly say that out of, ooh say ALL of the dvds i own only 10% have REALLY decent covers (ie that reflect the film, original cover art etc...) so as long as its a decent PRINT, i could care less about what the sleeve looks like. cant we just be happy that this long OOP film is now clogging up the shelves in various formats at all??
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 4th October 2011, 01:41 PM
Cultist

Here is a comparison between the AWE and MYA discs that i did with vlc media player today:

MYA:

AWE:

Will be intresting if someone takes a screencap of the same frame from the Shameless disc so we can add that to the comparison as well!
Old 4th October 2011, 04:30 PM
Cultist

Where is Shameless getting their audio source from by the way?
Old 15th October 2011, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've probably missed this elsewhere on the forum, but might I ask why you buy two copies of everything?
By all means, please feel free to enquire but i don't buy two copies of everything and i have already answered this query elsewhere on these forums. In the Pieces section i think but i'm not 100% sure.
Old 15th October 2011, 02:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Here is a comparison between the AWE and MYA discs that i did with vlc media player today:

MYA:

AWE:

Will be intresting if someone takes a screencap of the same frame from the Shameless disc so we can add that to the comparison as well!
Nice to see, to me the smaller top frame looks batter to my eyes, the detail on the stone wall looks great, but the file size might be the reason, top is a 677kb .png and the lower is 32kb .jpg, good job tho, nice to see this coming from Shameless, one of the few I'll buy as soon as poss.

Like this? Share it using the links below!