Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: Put Your Questions to Luigi Cozzi! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6228-sham202-sham035-four-flies-grey-velvet-put-your-questions-luigi-cozzi.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 09:27 AM

SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: Put Your Questions to Luigi Cozzi!

Shameless are due to interview Luigi Cozzi who, aside from having written the story for and acted as AD on Four Flies on Grey Velvet, also wrote the book on it! He's one of the highest authorities on the film and so an interview with him will be one of the highlights of the release.

Shameless were wondering if you, yes, you, had any burning questions about Four Flies that you would like them to put to Cozzi. Post them in this thread and then Shameless will pick their favourites to take forward.

I have no closing date for this at the moment as the date for the interview has yet to be set in stone, but it could be as early as this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

So, come on, what would you like Shameless to ask Cozzi?

bedorca 19th July 2011 09:52 AM

Question(s)

If he could rewrite and remake the film today, what would he do differently? And would he prefer to direct it himself or let Dario take the reins?

Jonny 19th July 2011 09:53 AM

How many takes did they go through when shooting the final scenes with the ultra high speed Pentazet camera and can he shed some light on the technical difficulties - how much film, how many cars etc - they went through to shoot that scene at such high frame rates to achieve the super slow motion needed for that scene.

PaulD 19th July 2011 10:21 AM

Bit of a pedestrian question perhaps but I'd like to know in a varied career that has involved directing film, tv and documentaries, doing special effects, scriptwriting and writing fiction and non-fiction books what does he consider to be his proudest achievement?

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 10:56 AM

Nice questions, guys!

Anyone else got some? No question will be considered too "technical" or too "pedestrian" so if you've got something to ask, go for it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 11:00 AM

I would like him to go into detail regarding the films distribution and rights issues over the years.

Gojirosan 19th July 2011 11:05 AM

I'd like to know if he can pull any strings to help Shameless release The Black Cat/De Profundis...

:tongue1:

Paul@TheOverlook 19th July 2011 11:22 AM

1) FOUR FLIES marked the final collaboration between Dario and Ennio Morricone until THE STENDHAL SYNDROME 25 years later. Morricone had scored THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE and CAT O'NINE TAILS previously, so up until that point the maestro had composed scores for all of Argento's directorial efforts. I think the scores Morricone composed for Argento are incredible and the one for FOUR FLIES is, for me, among the best of his work. So what happened? Did they have a falling out or was it because Argento wanted to pursue the progressive rock that would accompany many of his later films?

2) Over the years there has been talk of a project Argento and Cozzi were working on in the 1970s that never came to fruition - an adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein that was to have been set in Nazi Germany. Whatever became of this project and in light of Argento's decision to make a film based on Bram Stoker's Dracula, is it a project that could be resurrected if the new film is a success?

Paul@TheOverlook 19th July 2011 11:39 AM

Another one...

Is there really any truth to the rumour that Argento once considered John Lennon for the role of Roberto Tobias, and if so, did the filmmaker ever meet with the legendary Beatle to discuss the role?

broonage 19th July 2011 12:12 PM

After years of making entertaining films as a director and working with Argento on many films does he feel he got the bad-end of the bargain when going into the shop business with Argento in the late 80s? I always felt that Argento basically rides along on the shop's fame and profits whilst Cozzi slaves away there...

Pete 19th July 2011 12:18 PM

Luigi, don't you think it's lazy that a DVD label wants other people to ask the questions instead of thinking of questions themselves?

Only kidding! :D

Daemonia 19th July 2011 01:17 PM

LOL @ Pete! :lol:

Q: How do you think your own well-regarded Giallo, L'assassino รจ costretto ad uccidere ancora/The Killer Must Kill Again, stands up against Dario's Giallos of the same period?

Q: What has attracted you to return to work for Dario so many times over the years, even after becoming a reasonably successful director in your own right?

Q: Why do you think Italian films, especially horror, Giallo and police thrillers, have such a loyal and dedicated following?

Daemonia 20th July 2011 12:52 AM

Q: What would you say is the single most important thing you learned from working with Argento?

bgart13 20th July 2011 12:56 AM

Who came up from the scientific aspect (images burnt into the eye, etc.) for the movie -- you or Dario? Was it inspired by HORROR EXPRESS?

GIALLO1971 20th July 2011 12:40 PM

Hi Sarah,

I have not posted for a very (very) long time but thought i'd pip in and offer a suggestion for possible special features for the upcoming FFGV release. I met Shirley Corrigan last year and she remembered being a day player for the party scenes in FFGV.She can be contacted via her website .Shirley did a great interview last year in Dvd World and Darkside regarding her career in European Arthouse/Giallo/Erotica.

Sarah@Cult Labs 20th July 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIALLO1971 (Post 167368)
Hi Sarah,

I have not posted for a very (very) long time but thought i'd pip in and offer a suggestion for possible special features for the upcoming FFGV release. I met Shirley Corrigan last year and she remembered being a day player for the party scenes in FFGV.She can be contacted via her website .Shirley did a great interview last year in Dvd World and Darkside regarding her career in European Arthouse/Giallo/Erotica.

Thanks! I've passed this on to Shameless.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st July 2011 12:56 PM

Shameless have now got a fixed date for their interview with Cozzi for next week. They've had a look through the questions you guys have provided and have integrated some into their interview questions so I'm now going to close this thread.

The guys at Shameless would like to thank you all for taking the time to write questions, as well as for your amazing array of knowledge and enthusiasm!