Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   SHAM202/035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: Shameless has a question! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6846-sham202-035-four-flies-grey-velvet-shameless-has-question.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 28th September 2011 11:57 AM

I think adding lesser quallity inserts into DVD is fine but it's pretty much a deal-breaker when it comes to Blu-ray for me I'm affraid.

Marc Morris 28th September 2011 12:01 PM

I'm the one working on the edit - The scenes will be branched. That way you have the option of staying with HD or watching with lesser quality insert scenes (they are DVD quality and not from VHS).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th September 2011 12:03 PM

It worked quite well in Lionsgate's release of MBV.

I know you can choose whether you want to watch the theatrical or unrated version (with the lower-res inserts) but you'd have to be crazy to want to watch the theatrical cut with all the 'best bits' missing. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th September 2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 185308)
I'm the one working on the edit - The scenes will be branched. That way you have the option of staying with HD or watching with lesser quality scenes (they are DVD quality and not from VHS).

Thanks for the confirmation, Marc. :)

antmumford 28th September 2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

I'm the one working on the edit - The scenes will be branched. That way you have the option of staying with HD or watching with lesser quality insert scenes (they are DVD quality and not from VHS).

Perfect, I think that's exactly what we needed to hear. Top work Marc, keep up the well appreciated and fantastic work :clap:

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th September 2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks Marc! :)

And apologies for confusion over the quality level. I was told VHS quality originally but obviously this wasn't right.

Paul@TheOverlook 28th September 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info, Marc :clap:

Well that will probably bring this (rather pointless) thread to an end, then :D

DVD quality inserts are more than a perfect substitue anyway ;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th September 2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 185342)
Well that will probably bring this (rather pointless) thread to an end, then :D

Not sure how this thread is pointless since Shameless asked me to post it in order to garner opinion. Opinions which, unless I'm mistaken, people gave and Shameless took note. Branching was only considered after it was suggested on here. At least, it wasn't given to me in Shameless' original list of options.

I'd say that had a point.

Paul@TheOverlook 28th September 2011 12:45 PM

Oh dear, someone needs a coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulD 28th September 2011 12:54 PM

That's excellent news! A perfect solution.