Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Should Shameless use the classic Four Flies mask artwork as one of their panels? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6972-should-shameless-use-classic-four-flies-mask-artwork-one-their-panels.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 05:19 PM

Should Shameless use the classic Four Flies mask artwork as one of their panels?

1 Attachment(s)
Should Shameless use the below classic artwork on one of their panels for the upcoming Four Flies On Grey Velvet release?

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 05:21 PM

It would be a travesty if they didn't.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 05:23 PM

I agree Dem.
Even although it's been used on the MYA DVD and the German Hardbox,it's never actually been shown with it's ITALIAN title......;)

Pete 12th October 2011 05:29 PM

Yes! But tbh I don't mind what artwork is used as long as it's not another photoshop abomination.

SignorWardh 12th October 2011 07:05 PM

No reason not to go with the original artwork.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 189365)
Should Shameless use the below classic artwork on one of their panels for the upcoming Four Flies On Grey Velvet release?

No! :lol:

sjconstable 12th October 2011 09:11 PM

What are the other options? Are we getting four panels? I need to see the options before I can vote ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 189458)
What are the other options? Are we getting four panels? I need to see the options before I can vote ;)

Nope, only two panels with Shameless releases. Because of that, I'd lke to see two original posters used, instead of using new art on one of the panels.

Paul@TheOverlook 12th October 2011 10:26 PM

Thing is, newer, photoshopped artwork is sometimes necessary to get customers with more mainstream tastes buying.

I'd prefer to see two original pieces too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 189491)
Thing is, newer, photoshopped artwork is sometimes necessary to get customers with more mainstream tastes buying.

I'd prefer to see two original pieces too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it aint broke, don't fix it I say. Don't know how many times I've avoided a release because of a new, improved, joe public appealing cover. I despise them. Even tinkering with original artwork is a no-no. (Universal darkening the cover and changing the shark on JAWS. MGM with their photoshopped head on the To Live And Die In L.A. dvd and BD).