Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Four Flies on Grey Velvet

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2011, 01:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
What am I supposed to do with my other DVDs of this film once this comes out? Eh? EH?

If you're anything like me, you'll keep them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
No offence to Shameless, because this is still definately a must have on BD, but I would've liked to have seen a bigger selection of extras. A commentary would've been a great addition, even a few more featurettes.
I'm puzzled why there isn't an interview with Dario Argento - a commentary with Alan Jones and Kim Newman would really have made this a definitive edition. It's almost a case of 'What could have been'.

Even so, it's one I'll definitely buy on both formats, because I'm a sucker like that!
Old 21st December 2011, 01:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm puzzled why there isn't an interview with Dario Argento
I know Arrow and Shameless are totally seperate companies but I'm sure High Rising Productions have assisted in some way with a Shameless release extra in the past (New York Ripper interview I think) which makes me wonder why there couldn't have been interviews from Argento about Four Flies done at the same time as all the other interviews on the Arrow releases (I'm merely speculating here but I just thought that interview was basically Argento talking about every film in sequence, with the relevant bits edited for the appropriate film release. Surely he would have been talking about Four Flies in that session? Still, I don't know how these things work so there might be loads of complications in letting Shameless use the footage, assuming there's footage to be used)
Old 21st December 2011, 01:15 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll still be getting it, it's just that we could've had so much more if it had been released by Arrow (and I'm surprised it wasn't, with all the other Argento titles they have).but as you say, it's a case of what could've been.

Looking forward to seeing what artwork has been chosen for the reverse. And roll on the end of January!
Old 21st December 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Still incredibly glad this is out, in HD, and with the seamless branching option.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 21st December 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 21st December 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Admittedly, there were raised eyebrows here when I saw there was no Argento interview. (I had actually thought when I first heard about this release there'd be one) And I agree that a Newman and Jones commentary would have made it perfect. Those complaints aside, I'm still glad to see this get a Shameless release and it's one I'll be proud to have in my collection.
Old 21st December 2011, 01:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looking forward to seeing what artwork has been chosen for the reverse. And roll on the end of January!
I'm really looking forward to seeing what this looks like in high definition, so the BD can't arrive soon enough!
Old 21st December 2011, 01:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Looking forward to getting this and keeping my Shameless blu rays up to date but still feel this would look more at home alongside the rest of my Arrow Argento collection in the white box.

It would have been great to get Argento talking about the film on the disc as well but Cozzi is always very informative.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 21st December 2011, 02:57 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I seem to remember being told by someone at Shameless a while back that Argento doesn't like to talk about this film because of all the hassle it's been over the years, plus he was busy on Dracula 3D at the time Shameless were putting together this package so that's why there's nothing from him.

As for commentary track, Shameless have never given loads of extras as they prefer to spend their money on top notch restorations and getting the audio perfect! It's just a result of their budget which (as has been said many times before on other threads) is even smaller than Arrow's. Arrow can afford to invest in both the film and the extras, for Shameless it's a choice between the two so they tend to leave the extras off.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Nosferatu@Cult Labs and PaulD like this.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 21st December 2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 21st December 2011, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
As for commentary track, Shameless have never given loads of extras as they prefer to spend their money on top notch restorations and getting the audio perfect!
And quite right too.
Old 21st December 2011, 03:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd like both tbh

Like this? Share it using the links below!