Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Four Flies On Grey Velvet: Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/7746-four-flies-grey-velvet-reviews.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th November 2012 04:02 PM

Brandon,I thought was great in Four Flies.:nod:

Susan Foreman 27th November 2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 295997)
Think I'm going with:

1. Deep Red
2. BWCP
3. FLOGV
4. CONT

One of us is going to look really stupid here!

I assume you meant to put FFOGV instead of flogv!

If there is a Giallo with the title letters being flogv, I can't think of it

Slippery Jack 27th November 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 296062)
One of us is going to look really stupid here!

If there is a Giallo with the title letters being flogv, I can't think of it

I'm afraid it's you. I was referring to Four Logs on Green Vellum :tongue1: . . .

Susan Foreman 27th November 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 296118)
I'm afraid it's you. I was referring to Four Logs on Green Vellum :tongue1: . . .

Of course

Stupid me!

Gojirosan 27th November 2012 05:22 PM

Yeah, Four Flies is overly long and pretty badly paced. By far the least of the animal titles flicks.

That opening sequence is possibly too good as well. The rest of the film can't really compete with the fly at the band praccy bit.

Paul@TheOverlook 27th November 2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 296049)
Brandon,I thought was great in Four Flies.:nod:

I agree and think Mimsy Farmer is great in the film.

Slippery Jack 27th November 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 296123)
The rest of the film can't really compete with the fly at the band praccy bit.

Yeah! Camera shot from inside the guitar :lol: . . .

lonewolf 19th November 2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 296123)
Yeah, Four Flies is overly long and pretty badly paced. By far the least of the animal titles flicks.

That opening sequence is possibly too good as well. The rest of the film can't really compete with the fly at the band praccy bit.

I actually like the film. Surely Tenebrae and Deep Red are just as guilty of the overlong and badly paced accusation, if not more so!

I really wish though that the extra bits of Italian dialogue were kept out of the final scene for the English version, or at least made an option with seamless branching. This practice (that some completists find essential) makes for a rather jarring intrusion that knocks you out of the storyline and just seems downright sloppy. I think the editors had the right idea trimming that overlong monologue anyway. ;)

Godewind 5th June 2015 08:26 PM

It's nice to look at but I probably feel this is a tad too long a film, with long stretches of nothing. Just watched it again recently and found it to be more of a comedy this time. Don't think it quite holds up anymore, though Brandon is good and Bud's always fun to see but Mimsy is not enough in it. For the sake of the plot, she ought to have been. I'm a big fan of Mimsy, but for her it's not really an ideal film. If she's not the lead character of a film, like in Autopsy or Perfume of the Lady in Black, she quickly becomes bland. The camera usually loves her, so she needs her screen time to ulitise that beauty best.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th June 2015 09:35 PM

I prefer it to both CAT and BIRD.:nod: