Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Four Flies On Grey Velvet: Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/7746-four-flies-grey-velvet-reviews.html)

Rik 9th August 2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 545689)
I'll have to watch it soon after the myriad of films I still need to get through

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

I've just had a search through the forum and found a thread talking about it, according to Shameless (a year after it came out) it's only a few discs that are faulty, their advise was to send it back to the retailer, in my case Zavvi who wouldn't accept it because it was so long after purchase, so they did acknowledge the fault, but only when it was too late for anyone to do anything :lol:

bleakshaun 9th August 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 545690)
I've just had a search through the forum and found a thread talking about it, according to Shameless (a year after it came out) it's only a few discs that are faulty, their advise was to send it back to the retailer, in my case Zavvi who wouldn't accept it because it was so long after purchase, so they did acknowledge the fault, but only when it was too late for anyone to do anything [emoji38]

Business ethics 101 customers are important......1 year later

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th August 2017 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Italian disc is flawless.;)

SymbioticFunction 12th August 2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 545738)
The Italian disc is flawless.;)

Doesn't it have forced Italian subtitles when English audio is selected? I'd describe that as a fairly major flaw. :) I like the German Koch Media blu-ray.

Rik 12th August 2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 546013)
Doesn't it have forced Italian subtitles when English audio is selected? I'd describe that as a fairly major flaw. :) I like the German Koch Media blu-ray.

Apparently so :nod:

SymbioticFunction 12th August 2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 546015)
Apparently so :nod:

I thought that it was worth pointing out before some folks rushed to order it. Shame that forced subtitles are still being used on some blu-ray discs. The German Four Flies is quite English friendly (despite no English subtitles for Mimsy Farmer's exclusively Italian dialogue moment just before the finale) and imo, it also looks and definitely sounds better than the Shameless release, so that is my personal 'go to' version for now.

Rik 13th August 2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 546072)
I thought that it was worth pointing out before some folks rushed to order it. Shame that forced subtitles are still being used on some blu-ray discs. The German Four Flies is quite English friendly (despite no English subtitles for Mimsy Farmer's exclusively Italian dialogue moment just before the finale) and imo, it also looks and definitely sounds better than the Shameless release, so that is my personal 'go to' version for now.

Yeah, I nearly bought it for a tenner off eBay until I read about the forced subs

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th August 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 546013)

Picture-wise-it's flawless.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th August 2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 546072)
The German Four Flies is quite English friendly (despite no English subtitles for Mimsy Farmer's exclusively Italian dialogue moment just before the finale)

I'd say that's a fairly major flaw......

SymbioticFunction 13th August 2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 546109)
I'd say that's a fairly major flaw......

Well, it's certainly nowhere near as bad as forced subs for the entirety of a film.