Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Frightened Woman

View Poll Results: Which Frightened Woman front cover do you prefer?
Cover A 15 100.00%
Cover B 0 0%
Voters: 15. This poll is closed

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2008, 08:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good to see the filmhound morris on the caserest assured it'll be the mutts nuts,any of you seen the job they did of DEATH SHIP?
Shameless keeps on getting better
Old 7th February 2008, 11:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Death Ship was something else - an old fave of mine too. I think I bored Marc to tears years ago ranting about it at an Anchor Bay party (where I am pleased to say I ran up a £500 champagne bill and remember little about what happened).
Old 8th February 2008, 04:12 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
That sounds like a dream. It's great to hear you're fans of the movie too. I can only imagine what materials you've looked through. I really have no idea what's out there to choose from. Funny you mention "The Laughing Woman" as I just got an old copy of the paperback that Aububon published. Judging from the back cover it sure looks like Audubon planned to use that title but changed it for some reason.
The theatrical release that Joe Dante reviewed was titled THE LAUGHING WOMAN. I wonder if it was released to different American markets with two different titles.
Old 10th February 2008, 11:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Incredible! Thanks a MILLION times over for all the work you've done, Marc Morris and the great folks at Shameless. I'm looking forward to this like no other film in years. I'm glad to hear you were able to go anamorphic with it too. This will be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
The run time of the restored FRIGHTENED WOMAN (Femina ridens) is 86m 04s (that works out at 89m 45s for NTSC video).

Making the upcoming 16x9 enhanced Shameless DVD the out and out winner by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
The theatrical release that Joe Dante reviewed was titled THE LAUGHING WOMAN. I wonder if it was released to different American markets with two different titles.
Wow that's interesting to learn. I'm curious, how was his response to the movie? Did he like it?

I wish I could find more info from the surviving participants on the making of the film. A dream would be to hear Dagmar Lassander and Philippe LeRoy's recollections. Is it known for a fact that they provided the voices on the English dub? I saw one article online that mentioned they did. I wonder how director Schivazappa is these days. According to the IMDB he'll be 73 on April 14th. Hey this new release will be a perfect birthday present!
Old 11th February 2008, 12:09 AM
Cult Rookie

One other thing before I forget. I have to ask about the choice of music in a scene. I was wondering which music you decided to use for the scene towards the end of the movie where the two of them are traveling back from the castle in the Amphibicar. The Audubon print uses the upbeat faster paced version of Cipriani's Femina Ridens song whereas the Italian print has the more subdued variation of the theme featured on the soundtrack called 'Weekend with Mary.' I'm guessing this second theme was the original choice and was replaced with Metzger's cut to pick up the pace. Just my hunch.
Old 11th February 2008, 04:27 PM
Active Cultist

You mean the scene where they're in the amphibi-car in the water, just before the swimming pool scene?
Old 12th February 2008, 12:44 AM
Cult Rookie

Yep that's the one.

Quote:
You mean the scene where they're in the amphibi-car in the water, just before the swimming pool scene?
Old 12th February 2008, 09:30 AM
Active Cultist

Strange - I've checked both versions and they use the same music.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:44 AM
Cult Rookie

The difference is between the Italian VHS rip and the faded Metzger print on the First Run Features DVD.

I uploaded both clips. It's a small file under 6 megs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SO52QEW2

Quote:
Strange - I've checked both versions and they use the same music.
Old 13th February 2008, 01:00 PM
Active Cultist

Not mine but here's a digital photo of the US alternate LAUGHING WOMAN release title poster (probably an eBay sale)

Like this? Share it using the links below!