Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Frightened Woman
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Frightened Woman front cover do you prefer?
Cover A 15 100.00%
Cover B 0 0%
Voters: 15. This poll is closed

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2008, 05:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The BBFC didn't state that the cuts had been waived, they did the same thing with Flavia. Even though we know they have it should be on their site.
Old 12th March 2008, 05:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Grrrrreeeeaaattttt news again! Congrats guys!
Now someone help me put the old cardiganed shotgun wieliding bastard back in the cupboard please..
Old 12th March 2008, 06:48 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Woohoo another one gets through the semi-evil clutches of the BBFC unscathed

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 20th March 2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 15th March 2008, 09:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Thank God or someone all that hard work paid off
Old 17th March 2008, 09:48 AM
Cultist in Training

Along with Ratman yesterday, I've just pre-ordered this, My Dear Killer, Glass Dolls and What Have They Done To Your Daughters .

Now though, I have a dilemma. All the current Shameless titles I already have as either R1 or Euro R2 uncut imports, so I don't really want to be spending money again, but, does someone have an up to date set that they can take a photo of the spines of and upload it here so that I can see what they look like on a shelf? I'm all for continuity, and a pic would be helpful.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 17th March 2008, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I'll contact the IMDB and see if they'll update their entry for the film with mention of the Shameless release being uncut and a special extended version.

I've had some success with them of late (for a change) with updates to include mentions of the uncut Shameless releases of Late Night Trains, Flavia and Killer Nun.
IMDB now updated to add mention of the Shameless release being uncut and extended.
Old 17th March 2008, 02:09 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Nice work Vince - thanks for doing that!
Old 18th March 2008, 04:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default SHAM010 - The Frightened Woman (Femina Ridens)

Well chaps and chapesses finally we The Frightened Woman is ready to unleash upon you all and with the sleeve you chose with the font modification you asked for!

Not just that though but we delayed this release because as we fell in love with it we realised there was a lot more that could be done with it. We're putting out the following announcement which follows below. If members could post it on any other relevant forums that would be a big help

First though the sleeve you chose:

and here's the reverse:

and now the full lowdown on what we've been up to...

Shameless Screen Entertainment is proud to announce that their 14th April DVD release of The Frightened Woman (aka Femina Ridens) has been approved by Piero Schivazappa, the director of the film.

Witness the ultimate subjugation of a woman to serve the most twisted desires of man in the achingly hip ‘n’ horny Femina Ridens, where the kinkiest urges are played to a deadly conclusion…

The beautifully sensuous Dagmar Lassander stars as Maria, the living sex toy of Dr Sayer (Philippe Leroy) who delights in killing women at the point of orgasm. Sayer’s prolonged campaign of degradation pushes Maria right to the edge of death but the spell she casts on him will lead to the most extraordinary climax of a lifetime!

Stylish, imaginative and deliciously twisted, this kitschy 60s pop art erotica-fest boasts gorgeous set design, an even more alluring leading lady and a heady desire to please the viewer with increasingly bizarre and dangerous sex games.

Rebuilding The Frightened Woman has been a labour of love but thanks to the work of genre expert Marc Morris the Shameless version of The Frightened Woman runs at 86m 03secs compared to the 83m 25 secs run time supplied by the licensor.

What became clear as Shameless compared all the known versions of The Frightened Woman was that various moments had been lost at different points in all of them. Some were merely shaved seconds; others changed the nuance of a scene or missed out important footage. These have been more than enough to prompt fans on the web to start cataloguing the differences with a prime example being this thread on the respected DVD Maniacs forum:

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/sho...ightened+woman

In order to create this new Shameless version they have used a wide variety of source materials that widely vary in quality but they believe that the end result shows off the film in the complete form it has long deserved to be celebrated in including the correct colour palette.

Shameless have kept director Piero Schivazappa informed throughout the process and asked him to watch through it for them and see if he could give it his seal of approval. He kindly sat through it, with script in hand and felt that, “it is as faithful as it can be to the original script”, and was very happy to see the film brought back to life in this Shameless version declaring, “This IS the version of my film to watch.”

Shameless Screen Entertainment will release The Frightened Woman on DVD at £12.99 on 14th April, 2008. The Shameless director approved cut will run at 86m 03secs and is being released uncut by the BBFC for the first time in the UK. Presentation of the film is in restored 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen with a restored 2.0 mono soundtrack. The DVD includes an original theatrical trailer.

A new DVD sleeve celebrating elements of original artwork has been created but as is now a regular feature of Shameless releases, purists can enjoy reverse artwork using an unadulterated Italian poster bearing the Femina Ridens title.
Old 18th March 2008, 06:09 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

How come on the cover for the reverse it says 'The Laughing Woman' underneath 'Femina Ridens'?

Great news about the Director approval btw!

EDIT: Just noticed on imdb that 'The Laughing Woman' is the USA title for this film, never knew that...

Last edited by Jonny; 18th March 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 18th March 2008, 07:37 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah the correct translation of 'Femina Ridens' is The Laughing Woman. We stuck with the Frightened Woman title the film gained in the mists of time as frankly it sounds a bit more exploitation!

Like this? Share it using the links below!