Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Frightened Woman
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Frightened Woman front cover do you prefer?
Cover A 15 100.00%
Cover B 0 0%
Voters: 15. This poll is closed

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2008, 03:57 PM
Cultist in Training

I've banged the disc in and had a quick scan and it looks OK, but, why is there only English audio?

I, along with many others, like to watch films in their native language where possible, so do you have any opinions or thoughts or plans of giving us the option of correct language and subs instead of just a dub track?

This is not a criticism, just a general query

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 13th April 2008, 08:10 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Personally with the lack of sync sound and the generally good standard of English dubs (compared to say the dubs you get on old Hong Kong movies) I've always been pretty happy with English tracks. Even newer films like Sleepless when I was watching it I remember kicking off with the Italian DTS and in the end switching to the English dub because at least it vaguely matched!

When we set up Shameless we weighed up whether to try and make extras and carry more audio options and release a few films a year or bring a lot more to market, keep the discs simple, and for the company to survive and build a market here in a country used to importing.

But...

We listen and we implement change where possible and where it's asked for by many so if alternative tracks really matter to people then let's hear it. It'll add a significant expense to the discs to create the subtitle tracks (translate, re-write and then sync up) so we'd have to work out how that could be dealt with because so far no release has come close to breaking even which clearly can't go on.

What's interesting though is that all the effort put into frightened woman has also seen it become our biggest pre-order to date so potentially doing more for certain titles could be a good idea.

So far I think I've been asked about original language options a few times so it's not been on our radar. Let us know if it should be.
Old 13th April 2008, 09:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it means survival Almar,then keep the discs simple m8,once you hit the heights of likes abuk,maybe then you can start looking at extras,but then again,the discs prices aren't ott-12 quid,compared to when vipco were releasing films 'digitally unmastered' for 20 quid a pop............once you're rolling in it,you can be 'the criterion of horror and giallo'TM. One title which will vastly outnumber TFW would be.....NIGHT OF THE DEMON.......and I'm not just saying that because I want it on dvd............I also run my own business and risk taking isn't nice,but sometimes it has to be done,and thankfully calculated risks usually pay off..........sorry,I'll shut up now....
Old 14th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Even though it's an Italian film the lead actors are not. I would say that English is the intended language of the movie. I read that both Philippe Leroy and Dagmar Lassander speak heavily accented English. Judging by how precisely their lip movements match up to the English track, it looks like they definitely performed the roles that way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either version carries their actual voices but the English track would be the more correct or original of the two. That's my take anyway. I'd sure like to know who provided the dub because its really well done. I thought maybe I'd recognized the actor who provides Philippe LeRoy's voice while watching an old Hercules movie.
Old 14th April 2008, 04:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I don't care what the sound is, the dubbing even what species the bloody birds are chirping in the trees!

Watched this last night and instantly fell in love with it.

A wonderful film and, if it weren't for Shameless, I would never of seen this lost gem in a million years

Films like this should be praised for the restoration of the picture and sound quality but should certainly not be judged on it.

Thanks again Shameless for another classic!
Old 14th April 2008, 05:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've not ordered it yet......I'll pick it up from hmv on friday on my day off...
Old 14th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I've not ordered it yet......I'll pick it up from hmv on friday on my day off...
Make sure you do Mr Reaper. You won't be disappointed!!!
Old 15th April 2008, 04:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ordered yesterday from amazon and delivered this morning Looking forward to watching it later tonight
Old 15th April 2008, 07:46 PM
Cultist in Training

I absolutely loved this movie, I'd never seen it before it was real joy to behold.

Bloody good job guys

My spoiler free review is below

http://www.helium.com/items/998534-r...stored-release
Old 15th April 2008, 08:50 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

Woah. Watched this upscaled through my PS3. It was jaw dropping. The quality was unbelievable.

I'm not sucking ass either. Seriously - it dropped my jaw.

Like this? Share it using the links below!