Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Manhattan Baby > Fulci's Box of Terror

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2010, 09:38 PM
Active Cultist

What! Re-releasing films that you have already released, tut tut tut.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:46 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
What! Re-releasing films that you have already released, tut tut tut.
You hardly ever see companies doing that.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:01 AM
Active Cultist

Yes ok but by their own label, films that they released about 2 years ago, do you not think this is wrong. Instead they could have released films that have not been released in the UK, cmpletely new films.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:24 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Many companies release films individually and in box sets. It's an alternative option for consumers who may prefer to have three related films in a set as opposed to three separate DVDS (or vice versa).

Independent companies like Shameless need to encourage sales of popular titles in order to be able to release more obscure titles that have not been released before. So re-releases like this do help in getting more hard-to-find titles released.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:26 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default SHAM028 - Fulci's Box of Terror

Hmmm I don't mind the Fulci stuff being released again as a boxed set, I defended that in the 'Next' thread. But I would have preferred it to be not part of the number system. Same as The Bronx Warrior seperate releases; I can see the sense in releasing them separately, but couldn't they just be released with their original numbering?

I know I don't have to buy these releases but if I don't my OCD esque collector tendencies will mean I'll lie awake at night as those number gaps whisper to me. If they were just released with their original numbering I'd probably be able to pass them up.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:58 AM
Active Cultist

kicking your fans in the balls. good luck with these releases, i hope they sell a ton and allow shameless to continue, but you are completely removing my obsessive need to own every single release and continue the number chain. you're seriously going to kill that urge for alot of people, and i think that's a big mistake. why not just number them the same? how can anyone justify having the bronx warriors trilogy, three films in between, then the exact same bronx warriors trilogy again?
i presume the spine numbering was designed to appeal to the ocd collectors, so why pull such a shady move on them? what next? maybe rerelease the first 20 and number them 30-50?
this is the only negative thing i've ever said about shameless, and i'm sorry if i sound harsh, but i care about the label, and i think this is a real bad move.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
kicking your fans in the balls. good luck with these releases, i hope they sell a ton and allow shameless to continue, but you are completely removing my obsessive need to own every single release and continue the number chain. you're seriously going to kill that urge for alot of people, and i think that's a big mistake. why not just number them the same? how can anyone justify having the bronx warriors trilogy, three films in between, then the exact same bronx warriors trilogy again?
i presume the spine numbering was designed to appeal to the ocd collectors, so why pull such a shady move on them? what next? maybe rerelease the first 20 and number them 30-50?
this is the only negative thing i've ever said about shameless, and i'm sorry if i sound harsh, but i care about the label, and i think this is a real bad move.
Totally agree, I was hoping to collect the Shameless releases and have them all in order (I'm proper OCD like that) but as I only have a few so far I'd be better off just selling them on as I couldn't look at them knowing there's gaps in the collection from not buying the next 6 in the series. Would rather just not start the collection at all than have to double up and buy the same DVD's twice. Waste of my money.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 30th September 2010, 12:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I don't care if they do re-release all their titles if it means we get some more obscure new releases further down the line. Shameless are a small indy label, and need to build revenue wherever they can find it.

From a marketing pov it's a pretty wise move releasing this boxset, as a) it's better value than buying the three individual releases, b) the striking cover art will probably attract more interest in the Shameless label, and c) a boxset release will sometimes introduce customers to new films they otherwise may not have bought singularly - meaning they may want to check out more.

Ditto for the individual Bronx Trilogy releases too. In fact, at the time when the Trilogy tin was first released, I seem to remember some people asking whether the titles would eventually be released individually, and Almar said that they would be.

Bigger companies are always re-releasing titles, and most of them have money to burn.

I am also one who agrees that any re-release should not be part of the standard numbering system.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

A small aside on the numbering issue, I'm pretty certain (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the first 20 Shameless releases (Wave 1) produce the Shameless spine builder. Any releases after that are just numbered, for no other reason but just to detail which release comes next.

I fully understand why people would feel compelled to buy the 1st 20 releases, but anything after that is just a number - no need to buy them all if you don't want to.

Most companies release titles with some kind of serial no. identifier on the spine, but how many people actually collect every title from that specific company just so they run in sequence?! Just because Shameless' numbers are more obvious (and lower due to them being a very new company), doesn't mean that you have to buy them all.

How many people will be worried about numbering when they're up to spine no. 1835?

Like this? Share it using the links below!