Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2010, 06:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

HMV have some great instore offers on selected new Hand Held games at the moment. F1 09 by CodeMasters & Madden NFL are just two of several games for the PSP knocked down to £10 .
Old 25th August 2010, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default 360 console offers

GAME have a few pre order X360 & Kinect offers at the moment.

A slim 250GB 360 console with HDMI lead (RRP £199.99) plus Kinect hardware (Motion sensor add on) and Adventures starter pack (RRP £130) only £250 if you pre order now for November release.

A Special Ltd Ed HALO Reach branded slim 250GB 360 console with HDMI lead (matt silver metalic look finish) plus Sp Ed HALO Reach game pack and 2 wireless matching HALO branded pads. £249.99 if you pre order now for September release.(20 days)

Both models upscale SD DVD's to 1080p.

Im very tempted to upgrade to the HALO branded 360 myself as its very stylish looking.

Also a new black 4GB Model 360 console £149.99 available now.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GAME have added alot more titles to they're £19.99 / 2 for £30 range including some titles that are just a few months .

GameStop have added a few more new releases to they're 'trade a game plus cash and get a new release' range. (for want of a better name) You pay either £10, £5 or £2, depending on what price is on the special label on the new or recent full price release you want and hand in your old game as payment for the rest of the RRP and the games yours, factory sealed and all .
Not all new releases are available on this offer but there are quite a few AAA £44 games in the range , including standard and Sp Ed versions of selected games.
Old 1st September 2010, 02:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GAME are selling Kane & Lynch 2 new for £24.99.
Old 7th September 2010, 05:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
GAME are selling Kane & Lynch 2 new for £24.99.
Wow! That is a bargain, still a new release game really this. £24.99!

Makes me wonder if its crap or not though..
Old 7th September 2010, 11:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Wow! That is a bargain, still a new release game really this. £24.99!

Makes me wonder if its crap or not though..
OPM scored it 4 / 10. (Offical Playstation Mag)

They weren't to kind about it , saying it was a very short game with only 5 hours max playtime, plus the shooting system was badly broken. They also said the levels were very generic, and the new style arthouse camera view was no good for long play sessions.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
OPM scored it 4 / 10. (Offical Playstation Mag)

They weren't to kind about it , saying it was a very short game with only 5 hours max playtime, plus the shooting system was badly broken. They also said the levels were very generic, and the new style arthouse camera view was no good for long play sessions.
I read in one of the xbox360 magazines that the game was very short too.
Going by what your saying, I think I will give that game a miss.
Doesn't sound too hot does it.
Sounds like your a playstation 3 owner then? Mass Effect 2 is coming out on the P.S next year. Good news for P.S owners, cos the games fantastic.
Its being released with some additional material that weren't part of the original xbox release.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry, it was 6 / 10 in OPM but that was due to the Online modes. They said it woulda got much less without the good online play.

Yep , PS3 & PSP , and the kids have a Wii , but I also had a few 360's from launch (2 red ringed). I gave my latest 360 to my wee nephew 2 months ago .
Im very tempted to get he Halo Reach Sp Ed. 360 console though as I prefer the 360 .

I played the first Mass Effect and wasn't keen on it but ME 2 does look very good.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

HMV are offering FIFA 11 for £5 if you trade in Mafia 2, Dead Rising 2 or F1 2010.

I just finished Mafia 2, last nite so im gonna see if the offer lets you get F1 instead of FIFA 11.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GameStop UK are offering 25% extra on all Trade In's for a limited time.

Like this? Share it using the links below!