Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2009, 05:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I bought Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 for the Wii the other day from HMV for £10. The game is excellent and well worth the moolah!
Old 10th April 2009, 01:48 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It is a good game KP. Whats the controls like on the Wii version.?

Got Rockstars, ' Midnight Club LA, (360) for £24.99 new in Forbidden Planet.
Havent got to try it yet as the missus got me it instead of an Easter Egg and she wont give me it till Sunday. lol

HMV and GAME had some good tittles in the 2 for 30 range.
GameStop were still the dearest shop I visited, with many of their new releases priced at £49.99.
They were also the most expensive for the selection of pre owned games that I was price checking for my mate to get his son.
Old 26th April 2009, 06:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Am going down town this week and was gonna get a motorcycle game, either SBK 08 or MOTO GP 08, any recommendations as to which is best .? ( I like SIM racers )
Old 26th April 2009, 07:46 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

im trying to find Silent Hill Homecoming cheap and cant
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 26th April 2009, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'd love to be able to play Silent Hill but I find the puzley bits to hard, same with Alone in the dark.

Hope you find a copy Jim.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They're really cheap Noss.

I was looking at World Championship Off Road Racing in GAME and it was 19.99 or 2 x 30. (anybody know if its any good?)

I ended up buying the excellent Race Pro(Atari) but that set me back 34.99 and that was reduced from 44.99.

As I dont shop online the average price I pay is 49.99 to 34.99 new, so if I see anything under 30 I think its a bargain.

A Fool and His Money are Easily Parted, eh. ?
Old 27th April 2009, 07:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
It is a good game KP. Whats the controls like on the Wii version.?
Sorry for the late reply vips, SVR2009 on the Wii plays very similar to the other console versions except instead of usual button/analog combinations you swing the Wii remote to strike and hold the face/trigger button and swing to grapple. Once you have your opponent in a grapple you can do a variety of moves with gestures of the hand. For example a suplex is swinging the remote upwards or for finishers like HHH's pedigree you swing the remote upwards to lift your opponent off the canvas then downwards to slam them into the mat! Awesome fun!!!

Speaking of wrestling TNA Impact is still only £9.99 from PLAY.COM fro the PS3 and 360.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:53 PM
Ex-member

For Neo Geo fans who own a Wii:

SNK Arcade Classics 9.99 @ ShopTo.Net.

Games included: Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters '94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter and World Heroes!
Old 27th April 2009, 11:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWNINJA View Post
Sorry for the late reply vips, SVR2009 on the Wii plays very similar to the other console versions except instead of usual button/analog combinations you swing the Wii remote to strike and hold the face/trigger button and swing to grapple. Once you have your opponent in a grapple you can do a variety of moves with gestures of the hand. For example a suplex is swinging the remote upwards or for finishers like HHH's pedigree you swing the remote upwards to lift your opponent off the canvas then downwards to slam them into the mat! Awesome fun!!!

Speaking of wrestling TNA Impact is still only £9.99 from PLAY.COM fro the PS3 and 360.
TNA ai'nt worth a pound mate.
It's badly bugged and has a bug which once you realise it you can win every match in story mode.
Plus theres no Cage matchs, Barbed Wire, Tables or Blood included.
Pity as it looks good and the ultimate 'X' is a great match.

Like this? Share it using the links below!