Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2011, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i would rather have Rosie O'Donnell sit on my face than play a football game, i ****ing hate the sport.....
I agree cant stand the sport...when 1st met my wife she loved man utd and watched every match...she said she get me out of horrors and in to footy...i said no chance ill get u out of footy and in to horrors...I have almost won 5yrs on and i still wont watch a footy match and she cant be botherd to watch many footy games and now she likes the odd horror within limits...
Old 5th July 2011, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I love Football more than anything, films come second.

I respect the fact that people don't like it and I expect people to respect the fact that I do. I would never try to change what someone likes.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anyone still got their C64??

My favourite games on it were easily Codemasters' DIZZY EGG games...

They were so great and have lost none of their replay value. The Amiga versions have the better graphics though.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 20th July 2011, 10:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Anyone still got their C64??

My favourite games on it were easily Codemasters' DIZZY EGG games...

They were so great and have lost none of their replay value. The Amiga versions have the better graphics though.
Those Dizzy games were amazing! I had them on the Spectrum and Amstrad systems. Another series of games I loved were the Magic Knight games. I sold my old 8 bit collection about 5 years ago, but would love to start collecting them again. There were so many great games put out by labels such as Firebird, Mastertronic, Code Masters, Imagine, Ocean etc. Such fantastic artwork, too! Oooh, you've got me all nostalgic now!

To be honest, after the 8 bit era, I sort of dropped out of gaming until the PS1 came along when I was a student. I still have my chipped PS1 with all the Resident Evil games, as well as Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, MGS, etc. Still have my N64, too, along with the two Castlevania 64 games, and Golden Eye. Sold all the other games years ago.

The one console I would never part with is my Dreamcast. I honestly think that is the greatest console of all time. Sadly it was before it's time - just too ambitious for the technology of the day, before the days of broadband and all. And Sega Europe's chronic mis-management didn't help either.

Sadly, I have only just found that my light gun won't work with flat screen TVs. No more House of the Dead for me, then.
Vipp likes this.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:45 AM
Cult Rookie

For me you can't beat PAC man and Space Invaders. I have a n64 it's really fun but I haven't been able to play it lately, Dad had a sega, haven't seen it in years though I think it's still round somewhere it was fun too. I really want a Doctor Who pinball machine, if you have one, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!
Vipp likes this.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:56 AM
Cultist

I've got a NES and a couple of GameBoys, absolutely love the old WWF games and of course the original Mario's and I got a mental platform game called Totally Rad and the legendary Double Dragon and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Missus and kids have an N64, PS1, PS2, XBOX, DreamCast and Wii. We don't like football much either
oaxaca and Vipp like this.
Old 29th April 2014, 09:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Dug out my old Dreamcast and about 70 games for it, back in the day some games were just refusing to load, the GDrom disc format had problems with the first batch that shipped from Japan, although it only affected about 6-7 of mine they were good un's like Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio. but thanks to the net still being alive with Dreamcast otaku, some 10-12 years!! since I last had a serious bash I discovered that my console is a 'revision 1' model (much better than the despised R2 one) and can combat dodgy discs by flipping the console over and using it upside down, and f@*kin' hell it works. Ah... the land of Sega, Skies of Arcadia here I come.
bdc and Demoncrat like this.
Old 30th April 2014, 07:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I LOVE retro gaming guys, also im a massive Dizzy fan - i have a few games signed by one of the Oliver Twins back at Retro Revival fest last year.

I have been wanting an Intellivision after listening to a friends podcast 'The Intellivisionaries podcast' on iTunes. He sent me a few games and i got the console a while back. but this is my Intellivision collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intellivision (1).jpg (94.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (2).jpg (94.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (3).JPG (63.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (4).JPG (85.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (5).jpg (86.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (6).jpg (69.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Intellivision (7).jpg (85.7 KB, 2 views)
bdc, platostotal and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 13th August 2014, 03:35 PM
Cult Master

Here's an old game for the ZX Spectrum!

I used to have it!!!!!

Qaop ? ZX Spectrum emulator online - Richard O'Brien's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

If you have trouble getting it to start, try leaving it a few seconds, then holding Enter down for a couple of seconds

After the first screen you get a very 80s Spectrum beep rendition of the Time-warp with subtitles, after which you can press Enter to start (or 1 to listen to it all again...). Then select 'B' or 'J' to play as either Brad or Janet. Mind you, I'm sure most of you will want to get Janet down to her underwear!

Press 'Enter' for keyboard play, which is: N is left, M is right, A is up, Z is down, and Space is 'pick something up or use it'.

If memory serves, what you're supposed to do is pick up the flashing things one by one, then between each pick-up run them to the cinema screen several screens along behind the curtain.

The other characters variously get in your way, pass your time quoting lines from the show, zap you dead, or steal your clothes (which stops you from pressing electric switches - health and safety in action). What happens when you fill up the cinema screen? I don't know, I haven't reached that yet, and I cannot remember from 30 years ago!
bdc and Demoncrat like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th August 2014, 04:00 PM
Cultist

I'm a big retro gaming fan. I used to have a massive collection but I sold a lot a year ago, I kept all the good stuff though.

My favourite items would be my Neo Geo AES with about 20 games and my Japanese Saturn with loads of shooters. I used to have pretty much all the shooters on the system but I sold a load that I never played.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!