Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2009, 05:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I can get a keyboard / mouse for my PS3 Almar, but I have problems with using them. (i've tried)
I cant even use a PC with a keyboard .
Old 3rd May 2009, 05:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hmm - we need some kind of Minority Report solution! Well all the more grateful you make the effort you do on here!
Old 3rd May 2009, 07:14 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Just got myself Call of Duty World at War and its awesome!
loving the Kiefer Sutherland voiceover!

ive only done the first few missions but the gameplay is pretty stylish and the gore is lovely
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 4th May 2009, 03:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im seriously thinking of buying this.
Thanks for the thumbs up Jim.
Old 4th May 2009, 05:43 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

you should vips! im loving it!
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 4th May 2009, 11:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I played COD 2 & 3 on X360 ages ago and really got into them, especially COD 2 .

Im waiting for Wolfenstien , but as that'll probably be November at the earliest I wanted a FPS to keep me going.
I've it down to 3, COD (5) Resistance FOM 2 and Killzone, though I dont think i'll get Killzone, so its down to the first 2, most likely COD on your reconmendation Jim.

Jim, you ever play, Clive Barkers 'JERICHO' .? Brilliant FPS .
Old 5th May 2009, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Vip's mini reviews

RACE PRO ( Atari / SimBin ) RRP £39.99 XBOX 360 EXCLUSIVE / PC Version.

RACE PRO is the game GRID would have been if Codies would have kept building on their TOCA franchise.

Graphicaly, RACE PRO is IMO a good looking game though some might find the tracks a bit bland, as they're true to real life.
The frame rate is smooth and spot effects like rain is well done and add to the realism.
The cars are all in true race colours and are exact replica's of the real thing, even the cars interiors and sounds are accurate for each manufacture.

Gameplay ways its a full blown racing simulation featuring most of CodeMasters GRID cars and tracks, but thats where the difference ends as the cars in RACE PRO contain all the physics and handling of their real life counterparts which makes for alot of practice before your confident enough to race in the many FIA tournaments on offer, and RACE PRO has alot to offer , plus there are many 'assists' to allow for much easier gameplay. should you want to jump into the game from the 'get go'

With everything from Mini's to F BMW to F 3000 to Le Mans covered, plus everything in between, all on real real life tracks and in rain or sunny conditions, with realistic braking points, racing is tense and ultra realistic.
Microsoft done well to get exclusive rights to this game.

Although theres an in depth tutorial that works a treat, this game can get brutally hard at times but is well worth the reward.

Overall 5 / 5 Casual Race Fans 3 / 5

Last edited by vipco; 5th May 2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 7th May 2009, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

i never played Jericho Vips, worth getting?
Old 8th May 2009, 09:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Definetly mate. Barkers story is really brillant. .

The squad comands are basic and theres a few Quick Time Events in it , but other than that its a basic FPS with limitted special spirit powers that looks really good .
The pluzzles are logic based and your teams mystic ability will usually solve em quite easyily .

One thing, the enemies take a full mag to kill but Codies put out a free code to correct this, even so, combat ways its quite hard at times but the storylines excellent.

I really enjoyed playing it, but theres no online mode.

Its well worth buying Jim, and is now quite cheap new. (£7-99 HMV)

Last edited by vipco; 17th May 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 5th August 2009, 03:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ok, not a game, more an accessory .
Has any one got those keyboards that fits on to your hand controller .?
If so would you recommend them as posting using just the on screen is driving me mad as its slow and to easy to make mistakes. (PS3 or 360)

2ndly, I see theres two models for PS3, Sony's at 24.99 or a 3rd party board at 14.99 . (£'s)

The price dosent matter, just which is easiest to use .

Any feedback would be appreciated , especially by my aching hands after writing this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!