All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2009, 01:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

PREVIEW

NBA LIVE 10 EA - Sports.
October 09 (TBC)

EA are claiming that this years edition of they're ailing basketball game NBA LIVE 10 will be the one to put the franshice back on the No.1 spot .
EA are in no doubt that come Oct, NBA LIVE 10 will be once again ' the daddy ' of B'ball games.

They claim that their revolutionary player DNA feature of last years game was basically feeding the correct real life info into the game , but at a pace that the game couldn't keep up with, nor did it have the advanced annimations to replicate the real life player movement it was recieving, and the gameplay suffered as a result.

EA say nothing was broken, so they brought in one of the head honchos from main rival's 2K Sports to take a look and to help solve the problem , and reports say that the games running fine, with an AI and annimations never before seen in a game of this type.

The Dynamic DNA is a system were real life happenings of every NBA player , is downloaded each week , to keep all game players and teams exactly as they are in real life thoughtout the entire NBA seas on. Cool eh.

So if a player hurts his right side he will favour his left side in the game if played, as he would for real , or if a player gets a knock on his ankle , it will be transfered to his cpu representive in the game and both will carry a slight limp if played and thanks to the weekly up dates the injuries will also heal aloneside the real life conterparts.
Its more advanced than this, and will take into account a players personal goings on and how this affects his game, but this is just a preview so thats just a rough idea of how it works.

IMO they got all the downloads correct last year , but sometimes it didn't translate well into the game, but they were on the right track for a first attempt.

If as EA claim the systems running as planned , when you add the add the FIBA International teams, tweak the graphics and update all uniforms and rosters, then come October EA could be back on that No.1 spot for a very long time to come , just like the rest of its Sports range.

Last edited by vipco; 11th August 2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Ok, not a game, more an accessory .
Has any one got those keyboards that fits on to your hand controller .?
If so would you recommend them as posting using just the on screen is driving me mad as its slow and to easy to make mistakes. (PS3 or 360)

2ndly, I see theres two models for PS3, Sony's at 24.99 or a 3rd party board at 14.99 . (£'s)

The price dosent matter, just which is easiest to use .

Any feedback would be appreciated , especially by my aching hands after writing this.
We have the Windows Live Messenger Kit for 360 (Gamepad keyboard and headset) and it's made messaging so much easier. I haven't seen the PS3 one so I can't really comment but honestly for browsing the internet you are best just connecting a USB keyboard to your PS3. Cheaper too!
Old 11th August 2009, 11:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Cant use a keyboard mate due , partly to a cns illness I have , I broke the last one for PC in frustration about 4 years ago . HaHaHa.

The PS3 joy pad keyboard sit's at the top and use a seperate power source , and not the joypads, which I imagine is abit of a nuisance .

Most shop's have them locked away with only a box or a promo pic which dosent give a good idea of weight, size , etc , though the 3rd party board is smaller and dos'ent look as sturdy as Sony's, and with both being in sealed boxes/sealed plastic, its impossible to get the 'feel' of them

I gotta do something Ninja , as my thumbs are numb at typing 2 words a min on the on screen V keyboard. LOL .
Old 12th August 2009, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Cant use a keyboard mate due , partly to a cns illness I have , I broke the last one for PC in frustration about 4 years ago . HaHaHa.

The PS3 joy pad keyboard sit's at the top and use a seperate power source , and not the joypads, which I imagine is abit of a nuisance .

Most shop's have them locked away with only a box or a promo pic which dosent give a good idea of weight, size , etc , though the 3rd party board is smaller and dos'ent look as sturdy as Sony's, and with both being in sealed boxes/sealed plastic, its impossible to get the 'feel' of them

I gotta do something Ninja , as my thumbs are numb at typing 2 words a min on the on screen V keyboard. LOL .
Just had a look at the unofficial PS3 keyboards and they look awful!
However the official Sony keyboards look like they do the job pretty well.

Amazon UK have a few pictures available that may help you decide and almost all the reviews are positive. Price isn't too bad either considering the Xbox 360 one I bought cost around £35 at the time of it's release.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS3-Wir...lp_edpp_ttl_ex

It's very similar to the 360 keyboard (the only difference is the 360 attaches itself to the bottom of the controller) which I've had no problems with so I would say go for it!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That looks good Mr Ninja.
I think i'll go for that , yeah, thats everything I need at a decent price.

That 3rd party job was very flimsy and uncomfortable looking , wasn't it, and theres not a lot of difference in the RRP between the 2 in some of the smaller high street shops either.

Thank's Kenny, I appreciate your help man.
Old 13th August 2009, 06:18 AM
Ex-member

There's a review of the keyboard here:

Old 13th August 2009, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks Noss.

I saw another one thats a PS3 remote and a keyboard slides out but I already got a Sony remote so I think i'll get the one in the review.
Old 3rd April 2010, 05:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

MV v's ATV - REFLEX. (PS3, 360, Wii, PSP, DS)

REFLEX , is the latest instalment in the Rainbow/THQ long running MX v's ATV franchise , and while not being a massive improvement on the last game, theres certainly enough improvement for it to easily be the best in the series so far.

The first noticeable change from last years game is the in game Menu. Its simpler looking and easier to navigate this time round.

The game has also had a much welcome graphical makeover, and while the graphics are not what you'd expect from a game released this far into the PS3 / 360's lifespan (low resolution texture's) , they're still a vast improvement over the last game , and in no way could be described as ugly.
It definitely looks like a current gen game this time out .
The colour pallette mainly consists of various shades of browns and greens but thats due to the game subject rather than lazy development, and each course looks varied and detailed enough to keep you racing to unlock the next one to see if its as enjoyable as the last, and you'll often find it is as the course design and look are top notch.

The big change this year comes in gameplay with the introduction of the Reflex Stick.
What they've done is used the standard left stick vechile control , and added the riders movement and balance to the right stick. This might sound tricky, but its not as the game still opt's to lean more toward the arcade style handling of its predecessors .
Reflex works really well , as by adjusting the rider, as well as the vechile's movement , you get much more control over the vechile's handling and momentum in both the racing and trick events.
Another cool addition to gameplay is 'Terrain Deformation'.
With each passing lap the ground gets rutted , wet, deformed and muddy and this is were the new Reflex control really comes into play, providing a much more fun handling experience ,

The games big , with Arcade, Career and Multiplayer modes, plus theres even the option to just Free Run .
The Career covers all forms of indoor and outdoor real life Moto X events such as various styles of Moto , Quad and even Buggy racing events , as well as X Games style trick events. and Way Point races over various open terrain.
The Online game is fun and varied , and thanks to a free bonus code included in the box you can get some of the more powerful vechiles and star riders before you reach them in Career Mode and go online straightaway , though the code only provides one brand of bikes and ATV's, you'll have to work your way though the game's Career to earn the rest , including buggies and trucks.
The cpu A.I. in Career Mode can be quite aggressive and will at times ram you of the track or land on top of you after jump's , especially on the higher setings, but while this can be annoying at times it never reaches fraustion level , so each race is usually a quite enjoyable , fast paced experience , especially when using the lower 'Visual' cam setting. which gives a greater sensation of speed and immersion .

Overall, a great game.....8/10

Recommended .!

A PS3 & 360 free demo is available to download .

Last edited by vipco; 25th April 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!