Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Happy Birthday GTA San Andreas (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/12674-happy-birthday-gta-san-andreas.html)

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 04:31 PM

Happy Birthday GTA San Andreas

Sunday 26th of October GTA San Andreas will be 10 years old. I know the whole Hip Hop and LA gangs was not to everyones taste but there is no denying the game was fantastic if even just from a thecnical point of view. Rockstar really pushed the PS2 and then the Xbox to the limit. The map was massive and once the game was underway there were no load times while free roaming around the map. Rockstar again really captured the feel of the early 90s there was some fantastic music which really placed you inside the world they created. Who can forget the array of great voice actors. James Woods,Samual L Jackson Axl Rose and Chris Penn the list goes on.

There are some strong rumours today that a remastered version of San Andreas is coming to Xbox 360 after an achievement list was leaked. Fingers crossed it really deserves a remaster because lets be honest its not the best looking game which is no fault of Rockstars considering the limitations of the hardware at that time.

So any gamers on the labs drop in and share some memories good or bad about youre time in San Andreas . Be it favourite characters , radio station mission or city within San Andreas.

GTA San Andreas Opening Intro - YouTube

Bringer Of Funerals 22nd October 2014 04:56 PM

It was a very good game but I'll admit, the shear size of the game filled me with dread knowing I'd never be able to get everything done.

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:02 PM

K-Rose : Jerry Reed - Amos Moses - YouTube

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXCRGh7_TkA

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:12 PM

KDST Boston Smokin' - YouTube

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:14 PM

radio K-DST"David Bowie-somebody up there likes me" - YouTube

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:25 PM

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PlayStation 2 Trailer - - YouTube

One of the first trailers when it the game was coming out hearing that GnR were going to be on the soundtrack made it even more exciting.

PaulD 22nd October 2014 09:48 PM

2nd best GTA game for me after V. Was so impressed with the size of it but also the different missions and how you start the game as a lite hood rat on a bmx and end with your own empire. That reminds me actually, I'd been replaying it on my iPhone recently and it's every bit as good. Must redownload it from the App Store and continue from where I left off.

Nordicdusk 22nd October 2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 422656)
2nd best GTA game for me after V. Was so impressed with the size of it but also the different missions and how you start the game as a lite hood rat on a bmx and end with your own empire. That reminds me actually, I'd been replaying it on my iPhone recently and it's every bit as good. Must redownload it from the App Store and continue from where I left off.

The mission with Big Smoke on the bike shooting the guys off the train even 10 years later puts me in a rage. I have completed the game many many times but that one mission gives me so much trouble :skull:

PaulD 22nd October 2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 422657)
The mission with Big Smoke on the bike shooting the guys off the train even 10 years later puts me in a rage. I have completed the game many many times but that one mission gives me so much trouble :skull:

Haha God yeah - Wrong Side of the Tracks. Remember nearly smashing my controller in rage at that! Ironically enough (and no word of a lie) I did that mission first time when playing on my iPhone!