• 1 Post By Demoncrat
  • 1 Post By SymbioticFunction
  • 1 Post By Demoncrat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2018, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default My PlayStation network account was hacked

Not too happy to say the least.

I was logged out of my PS4 as someone else signed in as me on another console. btw I have never sold off or given away a former PS3 or PS4.

So I changed my email and password and deleted my debit card info. My old email and password were VERY unusual, there's no way an algorithm could have worked it out.

Then fifteen minutes later, I was logged out again a couple of times, as someone once again signed in as me on another console. Even though I had changed my personal info.

My new password was VERY obsure, no-one should have been able to work it out. Sony must have been hacked.
Old 25th April 2018, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghosts in the machine then cough .... shame folk have to do that. Life's too short.

When I go to the library, more often than not someone has left their FB account 'open'. Someone less scrupulous could do untold damage to someone's personal life y'know? So I just leave them a message suggesting that they are more security conscious ... or words to that effect . Ahem.
SymbioticFunction likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th April 2018, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This must have first happened on Tuesday since my wife couldn't play any of our digital games (that my account bought) that very evening. That's because the hacker had the barefaced cheek to activate his PS4 as the primary system. I've reset my PS4 as primary console and now she can play okay.

Haven't had this happen again since Wednesday so I'm hoping that the hacker has decided to stop using my account. Someone told me that it was more likely that a person was using a 'packet sniffer' to access my personal internet info rather than it being a breach against Sony themselves.

It's very scary! I've deleted my debit card details off sites like Amazon because of my paranoia about being hacked earlier this week.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 03:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Better safe than sorry!!
SymbioticFunction likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!