Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By pachinko852
  • 1 Post By Vipp
  • 1 Post By pachinko852
  • 1 Post By Vipp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:13 PM
Cultist in Training

Default Nintendo Watch Boy - the Game Boy watch!

NINTENDO GAME BOY WATCH, AKA THE WATCH BOY

I just received my Watch Boy a few days ago, it was brand new, sealed and mint condition.. but I opened it lol couldn't help myself.
This watch is super rare, extremely difficult to find.. made during the golden age of video gaming, the Game Boy boom; from what I know (researching online and on forums).. most people say made in 92, but it's actually 1993. There's a couple versions of this watch..

Version one: standard GB Design
Version two: standard GB Design with Mario racing
Version three: standard GB Design with smaller screen and black, purple and green strap
Version four: Transparent Clear GB design (known as GB Clear)
Version five: Transparent Clear GB design with Mario racing

The transparent versions are so rare, -8 images can only found online this item could have been a limited edition of some sorts, some prize that came with one of the Nintendo consoles, who knows.. I found two users on Instagram with these watches, and about five others with the standard, search for "gameboywatch".

From what I read, only two? standards were listed on Ebay a few years back. A loose, secondhand, non-working standard GB watch went for $345 USD ex. shipping costs that was then, not sure how much it would be now.. but I'm working on getting a few more of the standards and if I'm super lucky, the transparent clear version

Here's some photos:

.. video games in the 90s
gag, Steel76, fuzzymctiger and 1 others like this.
Old 2nd March 2015, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Nice! if you fancy making my mate greeeeeen with envy you could post a picture and post it on his twitter @greatbitblog, he is the worlds biggest nintendo game and watch fan and this would make him go nuts! haha.

nice pick up mate.
pachinko852 likes this.
Old 2nd March 2015, 02:41 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Nice! if you fancy making my mate greeeeeen with envy you could post a picture and post it on his twitter @greatbitblog, he is the worlds biggest nintendo game and watch fan and this would make him go nuts! haha.

nice pick up mate.
thanks mate ;p
lol I had Twitter since 2011, but never really used it.. I don't know how it works, but I'll give it a shot
Vipp likes this.
Old 2nd March 2015, 06:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko852 View Post
thanks mate ;p
lol I had Twitter since 2011, but never really used it.. I don't know how it works, but I'll give it a shot
Let meknow how you get on mate. he is currently working with a few game dev's on a podcast all about handhelds too. lol.
pachinko852 likes this.
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:51 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Let meknow how you get on mate. he is currently working with a few game dev's on a podcast all about handhelds too. lol.
I posted my first tweet lol hope I did it right?
username on Twitter is the same as the one here

Like this? Share it using the links below!