Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Nordicdusk Gaming News and Reviews Show (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/12853-nordicdusk-gaming-news-reviews-show.html)

nosferatu42 25th September 2023 04:39 PM

Cool, i'm not on xbox but have one of those commodore remake emulator boxes for old games and a playstation mini with about a 130 games on USB, also still got original Playstations 2-4 hooked up to TV sets as well. :cool:

Nordicdusk 25th September 2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 691068)
Cool, i'm not on xbox but have one of those commodore remake emulator boxes for old games and a playstation mini with about a 130 games on USB, also still got original Playstations 2-4 hooked up to TV sets as well. :cool:

I got a harddrive for a mini pc that has 400+ PS2 and 200 PS1 games on it just have to get the mini pc now. Still have my PS2 and a ton of games but not CRT TV anymore so can't hook it up.

nosferatu42 25th September 2023 08:01 PM

I had some money at some point so got a new TV, loads of HMDI sockets, so banished my old tV, which is still working fine to my spare room. Think they might be connected through a scart adapter, there's usually some kinda adapter available.

Nordicdusk 25th September 2023 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 691084)
I had some money at some point so got a new TV, loads of HMDI sockets, so banished my old tV, which is still working fine to my spare room. Think they might be connected through a scart adapter, there's usually some kinda adapter available.

I know you can get a scart to HDMI convertor but they can lag and look pretty crap which was the case with the one I got before that was pretty useless games didn't look or play better. I wasn't looking to make it look better just wanted to be able to play them but I abandoned the idea pretty quickly.

nosferatu42 25th September 2023 09:08 PM

Yeah that makes sense, I've still got my scart adapter on an older TV so it doesn't seem too bad, a HMDI to scart might be too far of a jump.

Shows something when there are more people interested in playing old games these days, with your xbox connection thingy and all the recent reissues and remasters updated for modern platforms.

Maybe games have finally become more important to recent generations than films. Maybe that's why physical media discs are really dying out, people are just more game focused these days.

Nordicdusk 25th September 2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 691090)
Yeah that makes sense, I've still got my scart adapter on an older TV so it doesn't seem too bad, a HMDI to scart might be too far of a jump.

Shows something when there are more people interested in playing old games these days, with your xbox connection thingy and all the recent reissues and remasters updated for modern platforms.

Maybe games have finally become more important to recent generations than films. Maybe that's why physical media discs are really dying out, people are just more game focused these days.

Yeah it new games lack original ideas that's the problem I can see gaming hitting a crash at some point and taking a few years before there is a revival retro gaming is big business again . I mean I paid €500 for my machine and I'm playing games that came out in the 80s and 90s :lol:.

nosferatu42 25th September 2023 09:49 PM

Maybe that's a lot of the problem, it's the old experimental, trying new things and ideas approach that made older films and games more memorable.
People maybe are starting to get tired with things that are committee based, just trying to please everybody is dull, companies are more focused on pleasing everybody and getting a product to make money.

Everything becomes so similar that nothing moves you or connects after a while. Like Superhero fatigue setting in in films lately.

Nordicdusk 27th September 2023 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 248079

All the Yakuza games are on gamepass so I thought I'd give them a go I played Yakuza 3 for the PS3 years back but i didn't really know what was going on so stopped. Yakuza 0 is a prequal so it will get me up to date with who everyone is and the world it was free so worth a shot.

I started last night and holy sh*t I'm loving it the story is great so far really sucks you in right away. There is a lot and I mean alot of dialogue and it's all in Japanese so get ready to read a couple of times they were talking so fast I missed a line or two but I'm pretty sure it was something stupid about girls and karaoke :lol:

I kid you not there is a cliche that the Japanese love Karaoke and low and behold the second mission was a Karaoke mission so random they two guy in a bar saying we are going to go wild tonight let's kick it off with some Karaoke :lol:

The gameplay is good I love the random fights against random hood when your just walking down the street and a gang start abusing you resulting in a good old fashioned ass kicking.

The game looks great too the neon signs of Tokyos nightclubs at night looks fantastic. The game is set in 1988 during an economic boom and everyone is styled out in expensive clothes waving money around the place just it's nothing really gives you the feeling of the extravagant lives of these people.

I can't wait to get back into it and see where the story goes. Hopefully no more karaoke it's pretty stupid annoying and hard :lol:

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2023 09:46 AM

Continuing the Starfield review in progress.

30 hours in now and things have picked up alot since I last wrote about it. I got stuck in the main quest so I had to start some side and faction quests and honestly this is where the game is starting to shine. These missions are more combat focused not just talking and fetch missions like the main quest but that's not go say that it's all guns a blazing sometimes you need to use your diplomatic side and talk people around to avoid bloodshed and there is also a few stealth missions here and there which I did enjoy the tension of those. Just a tip if your going for stealth make sure to remove your space suit and just go in you civilian gear much easier. While these missions have great stories behind them the best thing is getting yo know my companion better in-between missions the more time I spend with her the more she opens up about her past and it really interesting the way it drop fed to me a bit at a time at the moment I'm just starting her missions and so far it's fantastic.

Well that's the good but with that there is some bad. Bugs wise it's nothing gamebreaking but some annoying bugs keep popping up. The big one is when your talking to someone about an important mission an NPC is talking louder than the person your actually talking to so you can barely hear them sadly it's getting more and more frequent. Another flaw is how vague some of the mission objectives are I had to look a few bits up on YouTube and thousands of comments on each video saying the same thing you would never get what you had to do without looking it up which knocks you out of the experience a bit.

I'm enjoying it more but it's not all smooth sailing there is plenty of frustration.

Nordicdusk 8th November 2023 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 248720

Official Rockstar statement on YouTube it's finally happening I'm excited and worried fingers crossed this is a proper GTA and not some online BS