All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2015, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Well as they gave COD 8.5 and others have given it an average a 7 I will wait for some more reviews , also gave the new tomb raider same score and that's getting 9s. Looks like a bit of a hipster review. Let's be honest it woudnt be a fallout game with out glitches

Also he says its between 3 and new Vegas and one got a 9 and the other and 8, so how is this a 7.5 if it's better than new Vegas but not as good as fallout 3
Old 9th November 2015, 01:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well as they gave COD 8.5 and others have given it an average a 7 I will wait for some more reviews , also gave the new tomb raider same score and that's getting 9s. Looks like a bit of a hipster review
I don't know - I thought it was fair enough. I think the problem is the score system. If he didn't have the score, the review would have been seen as very positive. But since he has to put a score at the end, he has to detract some points for performance issues (Digital Foundry have some more information here).

It's like reviewing an English essay versus a maths exam. The English essay may get positive feedback for your ambition and worldbuilding. The maths exam is marked on what's there and what isn't. If you do not include some of the steps, you are marked down - even if you got the correct answer.

As for Tomb Raider, I thought the reboot was extremely disappointing so his review would probably fit with views.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 9th November 2015, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I don't know - I thought it was fair enough. I think the problem is the score system. If he didn't have the score, the review would have been seen as very positive. But since he has to put a score at the end, he has to detract some points for performance issues (Digital Foundry have some more information here).

It's like reviewing an English essay versus a maths exam. The English essay may get positive feedback for your ambition and worldbuilding. The maths exam is marked on what's there and what isn't. If you do not include some of the steps, you are marked down - even if you got the correct answer.

As for Tomb Raider, I thought the reboot was extremely disappointing so his review would probably fit with views.
It's not going to stop my enjoyment, most of his negative points have always been part of fallout, they never had that of great a story's and let's be honest if you are like me the story's always been secondary to explorering etc
Old 9th November 2015, 01:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

eurogamer have given it a 9/10 and always found them one of the harsher sites

Fallout 4 review • Eurogamer.net

gamespot 9/10
Fallout 4 Review - GameSpot

ign 9.5/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/09/fallout-4-review

so i would say its a 8/8.5 for me but will know more when i get it
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 9th November 2015, 01:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It's not going to stop my enjoyment, most of his negative points have always been part of fallout, they never had they great story's and let's be honest if you are like me the story's always been secondary to explorering etc
That's the best way to approach it. His review is simply him measuring up the pros and cons. It's up to you to decide how you feel. And since you prefer the exploration over story (I'm somewhat the opposite although I would love it if they excelled at both like Bloodborne or Silent Hill 2), then the game is perfect for you.

Hope you have a great time. I'm still slogging my way through The Phantom Pain. And I'm loving it.
Old 9th November 2015, 01:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
That's the best way to approach it. His review is simply him measuring up the pros and cons. It's up to you to decide how you feel. And since you prefer the exploration over story (I'm somewhat the opposite although I would love it if they excelled at both like Bloodborne or Silent Hill 2), then the game is perfect for you.

Hope you have a great time. I'm still slogging my way through The Phantom Pain. And I'm loving it.
it better arrive tomorrow, its like Christmas eve when i was a kid!
MacBlayne and Boo Radley like this.
Old 9th November 2015, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just got in and mines turned up, hope everybody else's has. See you in a month!
MacBlayne and Boo Radley like this.
Old 9th November 2015, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Just got in and mines turned up, hope everybody else's has. See you in a month!
I hate you so much right now.....
Old 9th November 2015, 06:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I hate you so much right now.....
Ditto
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 9th November 2015, 10:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Went on it at 5.30pm and just come off after 11pm, where did that go? Hopefully yours will be here tomorrow guys! fingers crossed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!