Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2015, 05:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rise of the tomb raider

From the few hours I've played, it has to be one of the games of the year for me, a few people where disappointed by the last game as it didn't feel like a real tomb raider game, but not here, we have a typical globe trotting adventure, a sinister secret organisation and lots of secrets and upgrades for you to find/unlock for Lara. Uncharted 4 has its work cut out next year to equal or better this. 9.5/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 29th December 2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 29th December 2015, 05:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Rise of the tomb raider

From the few hours I've played, it has to be one of the games of the year for me, a few people where disappointed by the last game as it didn't feel like a real tomb raider game, but not here, we have a typical globe trotting adventure with lots of secrets and upgrades for you to find/unlock for Lara. Uncharted 4 has its work cut out next year to equal or better this. 9.5/10
I got a feeling that Nathan Drake is gonna give Lara abit of a spanking, game wise I mean.

Old 29th December 2015, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
I got a feeling that Nathan Drake is gonna give Lara abit of a spanking, game wise I mean.
It better it's the main reason I bought a ps4. Hope they give Nathan the send of he desevers
Old 29th December 2015, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Assassin's Creed-Empire mag

Quote:
Assassin’s Creed – AKA What The Macbeth Clan Did Next – reteams Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard and director Justin Kurzel for another epic-feeling tale that will weave its way through the pages of history.

Old 31st December 2015, 09:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Although I had just bought Assassin's Creed Unity,the price drop on Syndicate was to good to miss,at the moment both Asda and Argos have it for £25 same goes for the Amazon. While not drastically changing the gameplay,plenty of jumping around,and plenty of violence if your so in the mood.The graphics definitely seem to be a major improvement, saying that I had no real problem with Unity apart from a couple of glitches which after a couple of patches seem to have gone. Assassin's Creed Syndicate takes us to jolly old England,in fact its 1868 Victorian London,although its London via the steam punk look as if directed by Guy Ritchie,and not Oliver Twist or Dick Van Dyke dancing on your roof singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,because if he was on the roof im sure someone would of gone up there and stabbed him. The two main character's you control are twins Jacob and Evie Frye,you basically switch between the two during different missions.The fighting system has much improved and seems to more intuitive and definitely more effective when taking on more than one opponent. There's still all the stuff about the Helix etc but is anyone really interested in that part of the game? What we have is much more improved version of the game,the scenes of Victorian London as you perch on your ledge looking across the skyline has always been pretty impressive in these games but none more so here,the game makers eye for detail is at times astonishing. The actual gameplay hasn't changed that much if at all,you know the score you jump around meeting different individuals,whether its the main mission or side mission objectives,plus you get to free roam around London. I have some concerns about the enemies AI but its still early days,so we will see how the game progress.There also some pretty cool download missions available including Darwin and Dickens Conspiracy and also Jack the Ripper,which I assume means you can go all From Hell,and put on your mockney cockney accents and solve the Whitechapel murders,you even get to meet Inspector Frederick Abberline. If your a fan of the series then you pretty much know what to expect and this is definitely worth a punt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230185905.jpg (86.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230190338.jpg (85.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230190356.jpg (91.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230190511.jpg (85.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230190707.jpg (89.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230193552.jpg (91.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230193607.jpg (91.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230194423.jpg (100.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230194439.jpg (101.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230194352.jpg (91.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230194238.jpg (80.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Assassin's Creed® Syndicate_20151230194304.jpg (93.9 KB, 1 views)
profondo rosso and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 31st December 2015, 10:07 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Loving these reviews Inspector just about to finish dying light loved it alot more than I taught I would.
Old 31st December 2015, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Loving these reviews Inspector just about to finish dying light loved it alot more than I taught I would.
yeah i could not get into Dying Light at all im afraid, perhaps I was a little bit fed up of zombies after Last Of Us and Metro redux,they seemed to be every where,bloody zombies,what have they ever done for us?

Old 10th January 2016, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Assassin's Creed Syndicate

assasins creed
After putting a few more hours in on this game,my initial review I was impressed with the look and the graphics of the game.Well it only gets better, there is a great depth and realism to the whole map of London in 1868, as the Industrial Revolution is in full swing.I don't know how geographically realistic it is to the real Victorian London but who cares when it feels and plays as well as this game does. Gameplay wise its a gang war fare scenario,as you and your Rooks,have to fight your way through different parts of London,which is controlled by your arch rivals Templars.The fighting techniques you use to attack The Templars agents, is pretty bloody and violent.as you have quite a wide variety of viscous weapons at your disposal,Kukri is a Nepalese knife with an inwardly curved blade, similar to a machete,different varieties of the cane=sword,Pistols,knuckle dusters and if that wasn't enough you can always head butt your opponent into submission. This brings me to a nice little way you can earn some extra cash in the game by entering the Fight club,its basically good old fashioned bare knuckle boxing as you take on several other opponents at a time. The actual fighting technique is just the usual button bashing but you do get some nice combo moves as you can beat one guy to a pulp while you can dodge the next guys advances while twisting your opponents arm and kicking him the nuts. Its a good way to earn money and xp points to increase you and your gangs skill level. If your tired of treading the cobbled streets of old London town,then you can hi jack many different varieties of horse drawn cabs,or you could jump onto a passing train,but watch out for ticket inspectors.Like most of these open world type of games allot of the fun is just in the exploring of the maps,so if fancy having a swim in the river Thames or just hanging around St Pauls Cathedral then Assassin's Creed Syndicate is for you.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 10th January 2016, 03:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I had gone off Assassins Creed over the last few years just felt it was going overkill but I'm tempted to jump back in reading both reviews great stuff.
Old 10th January 2016, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I had gone off Assassins Creed over the last few years just felt it was going overkill but I'm tempted to jump back in reading both reviews great stuff.
Syndicate is a real return to form, it's great meeting the likes of Charles Dickens,Charles Darwin and Alexander Graham bell, but the real star of the game is the wonderful detailed Victorian London
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!