Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2016, 08:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Dying-LIght-Good-Night-Good-Luck.jpg

I am a little late to the party with this one but better late than never as they say. When it was first announced i was very excited but the more information that came out as the release approached i gradually started to loose interest the main reason was that the game seemed to rely heavily on Co-op which is something i am not big on. There is always the option to play solo but usually there are part that cannot be done alone. When the time for release came it just passed me by without much taught until my mate got it and he partnered up with his brother to play through. After a couple of weeks they gave up because it was even too hard for both of them i taught to myself well if two people cant play it what hope do i have alone. Once again i turned my attention to other games. Months passed and i was talking to someone about it again that was playing through it alone and said its well within my capability to finish alone so i took the plunge and picked it up. Would i take on the zombie hordes and survive or end up in cex with my tail between my legs

You play Kyle Crane an undercover agent sent into the city of Harran a quarantine zone overrun by infected but also populated by groups of survivors fighting to stay alive and hunting for a cure. The story is nothing special overall its quite generic but the characters are likeable and that helps you care about them and their struggle to survive.

The gameplay is really smooth and when done right the parkour flows nicely to move you around the map with ease avoiding large groups of infected and there are large hordes of them around every turn. The combat is really fun and so so satisfying when you get a critical hit and a head just explodes or an arm is chopped of. The best approach to Dying Light is stay out of harms way as much as possible combat is not as straight forward as running in hacking and slashing you have to use your stamina wisely and the slightest mistake and its supper time for the infected. The weapons feel like they have real weight to them with every contact between shovel or electrified axe and walking meat bag you can not only see the damage but you can feel that damage inflicted upon your enemy. Crafting and repairing weapons is simple as long as you keep searching every house you come across for scrap and so on you will never be caught out.

As i have already said as long as you stay out of harms way on the rooftops you will be just fine during the daylight hours but once the sun sets there is going to be alot of dirty fans in the city of Harran. Once night falls a different type of infected emerge on to the streets and believe me this games turns quickly from open world to survival horror. These dirty bastards will chase you no matter where you go there is no hiding unless you can make it to your safe zone but once they catch up with you its curtains for you. My heart was literally beating out of my chest every time i was caught miles away from my safe house and four of them were chasing me down and the music changes just incase you forgot that death was hot on your heels. There is an option to glance back while you are getting chased but i never was brave enough to turn around incase i lost my footing and missed a job or ran into a wall. There is an option to sleep throughout the night to avoid these encounters but the rewards are greater at night with more XP points for escape and scaling buildings so the risk of heart attack is made worth the risk.

The city of Harran is massive and filled with plenty to do but one disappointing thing for me was the teasing of the larger city filled with skyscrapers in the distance that we sadly never get to visit. There is one more thing that makes this game amazing and thats the soundtrack it actually blew me away i didnt expect it such a fitting soundtrack and it really made me feel like i was in an Italian horror or trapped with Rhodes and Co in Day of the Dead its so good it became the glue that combined all the fantastic individual pieces and held them together to make them amazing.

Everything about this game is top notch and i loved every second of it and i never wanted it to end and it is the best game i have played this year on the new gen consoles. I was genuinely gutted when i finished the game but then i discovered that next month the DLC will release which is big enough to be a stand alone game with a whole new map to explore.

Game 9/10
Soundtrack 10/10

Old 10th January 2016, 09:13 PM
Cult Master

Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg

Got this from the PSN sale for €7.49 the first Hotline Miami is hands down one of my favourite games every the look the feel and the soundtrack are amazing. So far Hotline Miami 2 is just as amazing with another amazing soundtrack and a few extra feature to take the sequel to the next level and keeping the ideas of the first game fresh which i applaud the makers it would of been easy to just copy and paste and people would of been still happy to get another helping of this wonderful game. There seems to be more of a story this time around playing as different characters it really feels like an 80s action film even more so than the first. I recommend both games to anyone you will die and die and die but its addictive and its not cheap if you die its your own fault and each time you die you learn how not to die

Now lets DANCE like its 1985

Old 13th January 2016, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone played project cars?
Old 13th January 2016, 07:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Anyone played project cars?
here's one i made earlier.

The Nordicdusk Gaming News and Reviews Show
Nordicdusk and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 14th January 2016, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Last night on the Playstation Store a few PS2 games popped up so i grabbed the following

Attachment 172922 Attachment 172923 Attachment 172924

All three look fantastic and all have trophies they are up scaled to 1080 and they really run smooth San Andreas is also there but ill hold off on that for a while. I hope they keep adding games with trophies and 1080. I know people will complain about the price but ill gladly pay if they put in the effort and improve the games.
Are the GTA worth getting if I already own the PS3 version, is their much diffence in graphics are is it just trophy support
Old 14th January 2016, 09:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Are the GTA worth getting if I already own the PS3 version, is their much diffence in graphics are is it just trophy support
I think they look better and run smoother the PS3 versions are good enough versions to own. I just got them because I pick up anything GTA related. The update in graphics is nothing amazing but it is a slight step up.
Old 26th January 2016, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

witcher 2 is now free until the 5th February for xbox 360 and xbox one, with it now being BC on the xbox one its great time to pick it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-xbox-360-cover-sale.jpg (104.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 26th January 2016, 08:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
witcher 2 is now free until the 5th February for xbox 360 and xbox one, with it now being BC on the xbox one its great time to pick it up
I cant face playing The Witcher 2 after i got the bad ending in The Witcher 3 i was devastated
Old 4th February 2016, 05:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

If you were sad enough, like me, to buy the first two sets of Vault 101 bobbleheads, then you will be stoked to know the final 6 are now out for sale on Bethesda's store. Don't mix them up with the Vault 111 editions.

The originals seem to go for silly money, especially the first set of 7 and they just look so cool sat next to the mini nuke PC version set and the Pip Boy. The last ones are; Luck, Big Guns, Small Guns, Medicine, Science and Agility. My stats are maxed!!

The Bethesda Store - Collectibles
Old 4th February 2016, 05:51 PM
Cult Master

Im not sure why im putting myself through this but i have been trying to come up with my top ten favourite games of all time. My top 20 is pretty solid still trying to put the other 70 in the right order

Wish me luck
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!