Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2018, 03:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Stronghold_Metadata_Image.jpg

Back where we wanted it the Call Of Duty series has gone back to WWII with no gimmicks no jet packs no lasers just good old fashioned boots on the ground warfare . But is this just a new skin with no substance lets find out.

COD has had a rough few years from a creative point of view I mean no one can argue that it does not make millions and that people do not go crazy for the online but it had become a rather shallow affair. That was until last year with the release of Infinite Warfare the first which was sadly over shadowed by the fact COD 4 was going to be bundled in with the premium version of the game. The first Infinite Warfare trailer was the most down voted YouTube video of all time and people were call for a boycott of this way too futuristic shooter. But the game proved to be one of my favourite CODs in the series because they seemed to be taking it more serious now. They drafted in an Ex Naughty Dog writer and you could tell the story felt deep and you actually cared for the characters which does not go hand in hand with a shooter like this plus the music was on an other level just amazing. My point is COD felt like it was growing up which in turn would effect what was to follow with WWII.

When I play WWII games I need it to move me I want to feel the fear the loss and the brotherhood Battlefield 1 touched on that but only just it still felt very fractured so it was up to COD to save the day and bare in mind I love Battlefield games.The first few levels felt a bit too copy and paste go to this point and hold off a few waves of enemies then move to the next point and hold off more waves of enemies but once that passed things really picked up. I really felt torn between some of the characters especially Willam Pierson coming across like total heartless assholes but you just felt there was a story behind this attitude and when it is revealed to us it hits like a punch to the heart . The pacing is great with a nice balance between action and down time. I also love the face that it never feels like a lone wolf single player you feel like your actions impact your square and you depend on them as much as they depend on you this maybe an illusion but it's a well created illusion if it is. I will admit to getting a little teary eyed at the end of the campaign so it did its job perfectly.

Multiplayer is the bread and butter for COD so it was great that the single player was not just and after though but a really big an and important part of the whole package. The multiplayer is fantastic and my favourite since the first Black Ops unfair and unrealistic kill streaks are gone and the maps are just the right size for fast paced gameplay without feeling to confined where every time you respawn having someone else respawn right next to you and kill you.

I can't comment on zombies mode I have not played it with friends just a few solo rounds but it has to be played with co op buddies to really get the most out of it.

8/10
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

microsofts game pass will now be getting Microsoft studio games as part of the service on day of release, this will include the likes of

state of decay 2
sea of theives
crackdown 3

and new halo's and forza games

https://kotaku.com/xbox-game-pass-no...one-1822330362

if they keep the 7.99 price tag it will be great value for money as it already includes over a 100 games with more being added and will also be seeing these brand new £40 games.
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
microsofts game pass will now be getting Microsoft studio games as part of the service on day of release, this will include the likes of

state of decay 2
sea of theives
crackdown 3

and new halo's and forza games

https://kotaku.com/xbox-game-pass-no...one-1822330362

if they keep the 7.99 price tag it will be great value for money as it already includes over a 100 games with more being added and will also be seeing these brand new £40 games.

My only problem when I had game passage how many arcade games were on it rather than even straight up 360 games.
Old 28th February 2018, 04:19 PM
Cult Master

March PlayStation plus games announced today Bloodborne and Racthet and Clank super month I might actually finish bloodborne this time.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 28th February 2018, 04:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
March PlayStation plus games announced today Bloodborne and Racthet and Clank super month I might actually finish bloodborne this time.
It's worth it

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 28th February 2018, 04:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Fantastic games, shame I already own them both digitally,but well worth it for those who don't
Old 28th February 2018, 04:31 PM
Cult Master

I bought Bloodborne when it released I love it but I'm shit at it.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 28th February 2018, 04:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Fantastic games, shame I already own them both digitally,but well worth it for those who don't
Yeah same with me and bloodborne, although I wonder if it is the game of the year edition of it

Old 28th February 2018, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I bought Bloodborne when it released I love it but I'm shit at it.
Well I'm great at it, let me know if you get stuck

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 28th February 2018, 04:36 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Well I'm great at it, let me know if you get stuck

Spent hours playing it and couldn't get past Father Gascoigne

Like this? Share it using the links below!