Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2019, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 221383

Picked up a 32inch HDTV for my older games and it F,in sweeeeeeeeeeet

These games just look bad on a 4k tv so this was the way to go.
Oh trust me you ain't seen anything until you play a ps2 game on a 4k telly

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 14th December 2019, 04:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Oh trust me you ain't seen anything until you play a ps2 game on a 4k telly

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have a RetroPie but the sound won't work its a nightmare trying to fix it.
Old 16th December 2019, 06:55 AM
Cult Master

Series-X-Featured-796x417.jpg

The new Xbox i really like the design of it and its 4 times more powerful than the One X give it to me now.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 16th December 2019, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Attachment 221418

The new Xbox i really like the design of it and its 4 times more powerful than the One X give it to me now.
does look nice but they really need some great exclusives this gen or can see them being beat once again by sony.

apart from Forza everything else was a bit meh!
Old 16th December 2019, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Attachment 221418

Despite amount people I've seen play Xbox (any versions ) its never once grabbed me or took my interest at all,
PS and Nintendo all the way , game wise at one point I got bored of the the GTA franchise and stopped playing, but i did buy 5 and play it, even got fed up of res evil, after 4th felt like they where straying away a bit from original concept and becoming more zombie shoot em up type games, but last res evil went back to original old style roots .
Amongst my fave games on PS are (mostly franchise games and not one off's). God of wars, silent hills , uncharted , loved Manhunt , killzone couldn't get into 4th one tho, and last of us is utterly fantastic , no real interest in stuff like cod etc, but I do like medal of honours tho.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 16th December 2019, 11:55 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
does look nice but they really need some great exclusives this gen or can see them being beat once again by sony.

apart from Forza everything else was a bit meh!
Both consoles need more exclusives to be honest when Sony do it they usually do it right too many exclusives get cancelled with Microsoft. Phil Spencer said that all 15 studios are working on exclusive so hopefully thats true and they all happen.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 31st December 2019, 06:47 AM
Cult Master

Final touches for my games of the year list not sure ill even make 10 in this one. Unsure if i can add Death Stranding i haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet but I'm leaning towards including it its like nothing i have played before so surely it deserves a spot.
Old 31st December 2019, 07:33 AM
Cult Master

blazing-chrome-box.jpg 81LQN2WMFSL._AC_SX430_.jpg 1aq3t8y0rg331.jpg resident-evil-2-box-art-01-ps4-us-12dec18.jpg 0..jpg 220px-CallofDutyModernWarfare(2019).jpg Death_Stranding.jpg 59-pc-packshot_6066695.jpg

There are a few games i haven't played yet such as

A Plague Tale
Borderlands 3
Star Wars Fallen Jedi
Devil May Cry 5
Days Gone
Concrete Genie

But those 8 games are the ones that stood out for me over the year.

A lot of people hates Crackdown 3 but i had a blast with it just pure fun and i keep going back to it.

CoD really stepped up to the plate this year and made CoD fun again great campaign different to the run of the mill CoD games tried something different and it worked plus the multiplayer is some of the best i have played in a long time put the fun back into it.

Hands down my game of the year is Resident Evil 2 its so beautiful
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 21st January 2020, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

the best star wars game is years, which might not be saying much from what we had in the last few years, but this is the best since knights of the old repuplic.

is really a mix of a easier souls type game with having to use specfic tatctics for each enemy and when you camp and rest enemies will respwan also part metroidvania with parts of the planets you visted being unacsssable until you unlock ablities.

good voice acting and with have old wonky eye himself Forest Whitaker reprising the the role of Saw Gerrera from rogue one.
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 30th January 2020, 09:17 PM
Cult Master

Terminator-Resistance-Game-940x450.jpg

The reviews are not kind to this game at all so i didn't pay much attention and boy was i wrong. My mate picked it up and he swore i would love it so when he finished it he gave it to me to try it out and he was right and they were wrong this game kicks ass. The game belongs in the last gen and maybe that's why i loved it there is nothing game changing here or fancy just straight up old school fun and action. There are not many variants in enemy or environment but again i'll just use the words It's FUN. The story is interesting and some of your choices do impact the story which i didn't realise until the end and it feels like i drew the short straw when it came to the ending it was pretty grim and depressing I have to mention the soundtrack some great tracks but there are one or two pieces that get a little repetitive after awhile but when its good its bloody good.

If you enjoy an old school shooter then give this a try i'm sure it will be pretty cheap soon enough and it didn't release at full price anyway so i'm sure it will be less than 20 bucks soon enough.

7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!