Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2020, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 222306

The reviews are not kind to this game at all so i didn't pay much attention and boy was i wrong. My mate picked it up and he swore i would love it so when he finished it he gave it to me to try it out and he was right and they were wrong this game kicks ass. The game belongs in the last gen and maybe that's why i loved it there is nothing game changing here or fancy just straight up old school fun and action. There are not many variants in enemy or environment but again i'll just use the words It's FUN. The story is interesting and some of your choices do impact the story which i didn't realise until the end and it feels like i drew the short straw when it came to the ending it was pretty grim and depressing I have to mention the soundtrack some great tracks but there are one or two pieces that get a little repetitive after awhile but when its good its bloody good.

If you enjoy an old school shooter then give this a try i'm sure it will be pretty cheap soon enough and it didn't release at full price anyway so i'm sure it will be less than 20 bucks soon enough.

7/10

Cheers will get this when it's a bit cheaper. Few people I know said the something that it's better than the reviews make out

Playing death stranding which I played when it came out but got waylaid by other things and sold.

Really is nothing quite like it, looks absolutely stunning with a fantastic cast and characters .

Not hard to see why it's a marmite game you either love it or think what the hell was that!

How many games to.you run around with your dead mother strapped to your back?
Nordicdusk likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 30th January 2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 5th February 2020, 12:00 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

So Dan Houser is leaving Rockstar this is not good news he has written so much of the Rockstar games. Dan is the co founder of Rockstar games so this is a massive blow i do worry about the future of Rockstar and especially the future of GTA it was bad enough after Leslie Benzies left and i do believe this is the reason we didnt get GTA V single player DLC. Im very worried right now.
Old 5th February 2020, 09:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
So Dan Houser is leaving Rockstar this is not good news he has written so much of the Rockstar games. Dan is the co founder of Rockstar games so this is a massive blow i do worry about the future of Rockstar and especially the future of GTA it was bad enough after Leslie Benzies left and i do believe this is the reason we didnt get GTA V single player DLC. Im very worried right now.
worried as well, think they will focus even more on multiplayer now hes gone.

wonder if he's setting up own studio or something, with the way microsoft have been buying up devlopers my money would be with them, if true could be a game changer for them next gen
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:18 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
worried as well, think they will focus even more on multiplayer now hes gone.

wonder if he's setting up own studio or something, with the way microsoft have been buying up devlopers my money would be with them, if true could be a game changer for them next gen
He might hook back up with Leslie and do something who's to say Sam won't jump ship and the holy trinity would be complete once again
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 8th February 2020, 02:14 PM
Cult Master

8109fCwnEdL.jpg

This has been on game pass for awhile and i never even looked to see what exactly it was what i fool i have been this game is f*****g so much fun addictive a real hidden gem. Great 80s retro wave soundtrack violent game play some tricky sections of platforming but never cheap you just die from your own stupidity. Published by Devolver the people who brought us the amazing Hotline Miami so you know from that what your getting into. Its not retro visually but you will die a fair bit. I wish it was a bit longer but damn this is a blast to play i think ill have a few playthroughs of this.

9/10
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 28th February 2020, 04:18 PM
Cult Master

IMG-20200228-WA0000.jpg

This picture cut me deep REAL DEEP.

The end of innocence the end of simpler times.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:38 AM
Cult Master

s-l300.jpg

Incoming retro reviews starting with MAME.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th February 2020, 11:03 AM
Cult Master

11812384443.png

99 The Last War plays like space invaders where your ship is at the bottom of the screen fending off hoards of enemy space craft but this is more frantic and there is nowhere to run and hide to get your breath back. Your ship and move forward a small but so your not rooted to the bottom of the screen.

Gameplay is pretty intense right from the get go with ships swooping down to crash into you and and a constant barrage of bullets.

Visually there is a great variety of enemies and the environment change after every level after you beat the level boss of course which always ramps up the madness.

The sounds in this game are the sort of sounds that are the enemy of a headache or even worse a hangover.

Overall

Fast intense addictive gameplay with enough variety to stop boredom.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th February 2020, 11:17 AM
Cult Master

unnamed.jpg

10 Yard Fight is an unforgiving American Football game that will test your patience to the max interceptions happen almost everytime your quarter back throws the ball and if you dont time it to the millisecond you will be the victim of a sac. Once you manage to avoid these things and you think its touchdown time the other team all of a sudden are all Olympic runners are you are smashed everytime.

Game play is slow when running with the ball but relentless when trying to set up a play definitely takes alot of practise.

Visuals are as good as you would expect from any sport game of the time its colourful and bright so again easy on the eye and easy to make out whats going on.

Sound is good nothing crazy annoying even the voice over screaming and i mean screaming out the plays is clear and very well done.

Overall

It could be fun once you get to grips with it. Still more fun that a lot of the copy and paste Madden games of today.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th February 2020, 11:40 AM
Cult Master

1000_Miglia_Poster.jpg

Races are done in timed sections where you have 60 seconds to make it from point A to point B and so on. The wide range of classic race cars was a big surprise for me but a very welcome one providing great variety for ever playthrough.

Gameplay is very smooth and you really get the feeling of speed when your whipping around a corner or barrelling down a straight overtaking other cars.

Visually this is quite impressive every car has some great details and are very distinctive. The environment look great with tracks moving through towns and countryside fluidly.

Sound is done very well the the sounds of the engines the gears shifting the sounds of the screeching tyres on the tarmac.

Overall a hell of a lot of fun enough challenge to keep you coming back but not cheap or unfair if you mess up its your own fault.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!