Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

330px-11099_front.jpg

I dont know jack about The Power Rangers but this game is great fun. Its a side scrolling beat em up but the movement is literally left and right no up and down. The game looks brilliant great colours and plenty of detail in the characters and the environments. The game play is solid movement feels good its not stiff or anything and the hit detection is spot in you can feel and hear the punches and kicks. Very entertaining.
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:32 PM
Cult Master

unnamed.jpg

Another Power Rangers game and its another great one. A straight up fighting game like Street Fighter but with robots and monsters. This game looks so good again the details in the backgrounds and the character models is so bright colourful and vibrant.

20200524_002335.jpg

Just a little screenshot from my TV so you can see what I'm talking about.

Sadly while playing it the same two backgrounds kept coming back up i highly doubt thats all there is but maybe if i get more into it they will have more.

Thats a side its still fun and worth playing.
Old 25th May 2020, 12:10 AM
Cult Master

maxresdefault.jpg

Very much a Golden Axe clone but with Pirates and minus the magic. Its a pretty good looking game plenty of colour and varied enemies from guys with mohawks and mutton chops to big fat Asian looking guys and dwarfs. I likes that some of the enemies actually come from the back screen where you can see them aproch from a distance on dragon back flying in its a really nice touch. The movement is pretty stiff and can sometimes be frustrating when i get stuck in a rick trap and i kept respawning under the rock everytime i died.

Overall its a decent game i love side scrolling action beat em ups its a different setting and has a few cool ideas but there are much better out there that play a lot smoother.
Old 25th May 2020, 12:25 AM
Cult Master

Plokbox.jpg

Side scrolling platform game taking many ideas from Sonic first level when crossing a bridge you have skeleton fish jumping out of the water thats the first obvious one. You have two different jumps one is a normal jump the other a high spinning jump for those hard to reach ledges. You attacks instead of jumping on heads you can throw your arms and feet at your enemy.

It plays nice and smooth and the movement it free moving not stiff or anything and its nice to look at very bright and colourful. Here is a screenshot off my TV.

20200525_011659.jpg

There are better out there but this has charm and i will return to it to play further. I hope the music changes up a little what i played it was the same tune over and over again but its not a deal breaker.
Old 25th May 2020, 12:44 AM
Cult Master

Pocky_&_Rocky_box.jpg

Action beat em up where you can play as a little girl or a small bear each has their own abilities unique to them. This game its so much fun even in the first level alone they throw so many different crazy enemies at you. Its a haunted temple and the enemies are fire balls ghosts scary pumpkins possessed garden umbrellas fish with legs that jump out of the ponds to attack you these big crazy red blob things that fire out smaller red blob things haunted lanterns and zombies that throw bones at you its just madness right from the get go. As i thats not enough there is also changing weather within the same level from the sunny look to the opening of the level and then suddenly we are in the middle of a storm with rain belting down and wind howling.

20200525_013458.jpg

It was hard to get a screenshot with so many enemies attacking me at one time but here is the start of the level getting attacked by the first type of ghost there are other bigger more traditional looking ghosts too. The movement is more or less anywhere you can go you can go its constantly changing the level goes up then left or right then down then at angles its crazy there is so much going on.

So much fun.
Old 25th May 2020, 01:05 AM
Cult Master

XRZcynG.jpg

Think 1943 the airplane WW2 game but in an Anime universe things are gonna get weird and yes they do and pretty rapidly too . This game looks beautiful its so colourful and magical looking with the little magical music going on clouds have smiling faces pineapples are running around with big shoes on throwing things at you enemies are fruit and they fire fruit at you even your little plane has little arms and he throws things back at your enemies. Suddenly it starts to go a little strange when these yellow things in the distance start wobbling around like big yellow willies see screen shit below

20200525_015149.jpg 20200525_015051.jpg

After that alot of things that look like big wobbly willies that showing up in various lengths sizes and colours. Well that escalated quickly

Big willies aside this game is great its very charming with great visuals music and gameplay is great.
Old 28th May 2020, 07:45 PM
Cult Master

960x0.jpg

I played Minecraft for about ten minutes a few years back it just wasnt something i was able to get into or even see the point of it over the years i have seen it go from strength to strength and almost dominating the world but hey whatever its good for those that love it and its innocent fun that can appeal to kids and adult and thats what world needs more innocent fun. Anyway.

I saw this for pre install on Gamepass and after reading up on it and finding out there was no mining or building i thought for free I'd give it a shot.

I turned it on last night and boy was i surprised i mean really really SURPRISED this game is bloody awesome its like Diablo just set in the universe of Minecraft. The combat is fun so many different weapons skills armours the enemies are great so many different finds and once one more is introduced they just join what even came before and so the further you progress the more enemies on each level.

Visually its the same as Minecraft obviously but more of a top down view but its absolutely beautiful to look at worlds are all different and the the colours really pop. Then there is the music at times its dark and eerie and other times it emotional almost heartbreaking haunting piano.

I honestly cannot find any fault with this game so far beautiful satisfying and totally addictive. I won't give a score until i complete the game but so far its gonna be a high score.
Old 28th May 2020, 09:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 224852

I played Minecraft for about ten minutes a few years back it just wasnt something i was able to get into or even see the point of it over the years i have seen it go from strength to strength and almost dominating the world but hey whatever its good for those that love it and its innocent fun that can appeal to kids and adult and thats what world needs more innocent fun. Anyway.

I saw this for pre install on Gamepass and after reading up on it and finding out there was no mining or building i thought for free I'd give it a shot.

I turned it on last night and boy was i surprised i mean really really SURPRISED this game is bloody awesome its like Diablo just set in the universe of Minecraft. The combat is fun so many different weapons skills armours the enemies are great so many different finds and once one more is introduced they just join what even came before and so the further you progress the more enemies on each level.

Visually its the same as Minecraft obviously but more of a top down view but its absolutely beautiful to look at worlds are all different and the the colours really pop. Then there is the music at times its dark and eerie and other times it emotional almost heartbreaking haunting piano.

I honestly cannot find any fault with this game so far beautiful satisfying and totally addictive. I won't give a score until i complete the game but so far its gonna be a high score.

Upgraded my Pc over last week or so signed up for gamepass for pc and download this amongst other games.
Old 2nd June 2020, 11:33 AM
Cult Master

Sony cancelled the PS5 reveal over the protests. We need a distraction in our lives from all the doom and gloom in the world
Old 11th June 2020, 08:17 PM
Cult Master

PS5 reveal is live now and already its putting the Xbox reveal to shame with actual gameplay from a PS5.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!