Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2015, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Yeah Sony are having a hard time this gen i love my PS4 but i dont think they have delivered on exclusives after the failure of The Order. I hope for their sake Bloodborne will be a success.
Agree bloodbourne better be some extra special after the huge disappointment of the order, think that might Also have something to do with uncharteds delay, they don't want a repeat of the order, great sales first week then took a big nosedive afterwards, it's been the biggest disappointment this gen
Old 11th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Any fans of Hotline Miami ? If you have not played it you owe it to yourself to atleast give it a shot it should be pretty cheap now on PSN or Steam. I fell in love with the game the moment i saw the first trailer. Its fast paced colourful the soundtrack is amazing. Just be prepared you will die over and over and over again its hard but not unfairly so and its so addictive. Hotline Miami Wrong Number was released on Tuesday im hoping to pick it up over the weekend.

Hotline Miami

Hotline Miami Wrong Number

trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th March 2015, 07:43 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Agree bloodbourne better be some extra special after the huge disappointment of the order, think that might Also have something to do with uncharteds delay, they don't want a repeat of the order, great sales first week then took a big nosedive afterwards, it's been the biggest disappointment this gen
The next game ill pick up will be Battlefield Hardline i really enjoyed the Beta but the single player is inspired by TV cop shows so im interested to see how that works out and its something different from modern warfare type shooters.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 11th March 2015, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

That looks fun, retro graphics, gore and guns! what more could one want? the music on the first one is catchy as hell.
Old 11th March 2015, 07:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
That looks fun, retro graphics, gore and guns! what more could one want? the music on the first one is catchy as hell.
The whole soundtrack is like that really sticks in your head and works great with the game.
Old 16th March 2015, 09:48 AM
Cult Master

Just a heads up to anyone with a PS4 Sleeping Dogs is on sale on PSN for the week for €11.99. I didn't get into it on PS3 but I'll give it a shit for that price.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Cult Master

I started playing Sleeping Dogs on PS4 over the weekend. When it was released originally on last gen consoles I avoided it for ages after it was labeled a GTA killer because no game can live up to hype like that. While waiting for GTA V to come out on it's original release on last gen also I taught I'd give Sleeping Dogs ago while I waited. I have to say I just could stand the game and quickly traded it in without giving it the chance it deserved I think the rapidly approaching release of GTAV was killing it for me.

So over a year or so after that It seemed only fair to revisit the game on the new gen and the reduced price off €11.99 was certainly a big ing licence on that decision. Right from the get go I have a different view of the game and straight away felt right at home with the city characters and mission layout. This is a top notch game with solid controls apart from the driving which is clunky and heavy reversing a bike feels like reversing a cargo ship. Playing as an undercover cop opens up the game a lot more with a bigger variety of missions. I'm only a few hours in at the minute and so far they have been some very fun enjoyable hours. Beating a guy yo death with a fish was a highlight

It's no GTA and it's unfair on the game to compare them and that's the fault of the gaming media painting all open world games with the GTA brush. We need to leave games be there own thing and enjoy them for what they are not the franchise they are not.

8/10
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th March 2015, 02:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I started playing Sleeping Dogs on PS4 over the weekend. When it was released originally on last gen consoles I avoided it for ages after it was labeled a GTA killer because no game can live up to hype like that. While waiting for GTA V to come out on it's original release on last gen also I taught I'd give Sleeping Dogs ago while I waited. I have to say I just could stand the game and quickly traded it in without giving it the chance it deserved I think the rapidly approaching release of GTAV was killing it for me.

So over a year or so after that It seemed only fair to revisit the game on the new gen and the reduced price off €11.99 was certainly a big ing licence on that decision. Right from the get go I have a different view of the game and straight away felt right at home with the city characters and mission layout. This is a top notch game with solid controls apart from the driving which is clunky and heavy reversing a bike feels like reversing a cargo ship. Playing as an undercover cop opens up the game a lot more with a bigger variety of missions. I'm only a few hours in at the minute and so far they have been some very fun enjoyable hours. Beating a guy yo death with a fish was a highlight

It's no GTA and it's unfair on the game to compare them and that's the fault of the gaming media painting all open world games with the GTA brush. We need to leave games be there own thing and enjoy them for what they are not the franchise they are not.

8/10
I actually enjoyed it a lot moe than I did GTA 4, for me more it had more likeable characters and story, not a patch on V.

but the Hand to hand fighting is far superior to GTA.

Hustle kings is free to download for the ps4
Old 27th March 2015, 10:58 PM
Cult Master

I LOVE this

iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:44 AM
Cult Master

lanoire5y8f33ul-mafia-3-vs-l-a-noire-2-2015-s-surprise-game-vote-now.jpg

Back for an other play through of LA Noire this time on Xbox 360. Big big fan od this fantastic game it really captures the feeling of the time and plays out like a film noire (the clue is in the title ). The realistic motion capture on the faces is sometimes so real its scary. The game is very well balanced between investigating crime scenes to questioning suspect and victims all the way to intense shoot outs or tailing a suspect. Playing through the game you really get the feeling of real progression moving up the ranks in the LAPD from beat cop to homicide and all the other departments in between. The soundtrack is one of the best video game soundtracks I have ever heard an other major factor is creating the atmosphere and vibe of the 40s.

Game 9/10
Visuals 9/10
Music 10/10

Trailer

Theme

Gameplay

nosferatu42 and Rondadoronron like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!