Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2015, 02:55 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I was excited for a few games and now that Fallout had been announced I don't care about anything else between now and then.
trebor8273 and Boo Radley like this.
Old 9th June 2015, 03:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bloody hell Nordy!

They've given you a banner at the top of the page.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th June 2015, 04:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Bloody hell Nordy!

They've given you a banner at the top of the page.
I know shocking they must be stuck for content
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th June 2015, 04:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I know shocking they must be stuck for content
I thought it was pretty cool.
Old 9th June 2015, 04:07 PM
Cult Master

This is pretty cool if your a fan of GTA V you will recognise some of the spots.
Old 9th June 2015, 04:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was pretty cool.
Dont get me wrong im chuffed that a thread I started is getting featured in such a way. It actually means alot to me.
Old 9th June 2015, 04:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Dont get me wrong im chuffed that a thread I started is getting featured in such away. It actually means alot to me.
No i wasn't. Didn't mean it to come across like that.

It's quite nice that 'other' threads are getting banners to advertise the forum.
Old 9th June 2015, 07:36 PM
Cult Master

alien-isolation-xbox-one-cover.jpg

First off I absolutely love the Alien movies so over the years every time an Alien game is announced I get excited only to be disappointed over and over again. When Alien Isolation was announced the first thing that came to my mind was avoid because it will never live up to the promises that are made in the build up to the release. I had heard mixed reviews after the game was released so I put it off and decided to pick it up when I found it cheap. Last Friday was that day when I found it second hand and the time felt right. Could this be the Alien game I have been waiting for all of my gaming life ?

You play as Amanda Ripley the daughter of Ellen Ripley who after been told that the flight recorded from the Nostromo has been found and is on an isolated space station called Sevastopol. Amanda is given the chance to go there and retrieve recorder and discover the faith of her missing mother. But when the arrive at the Sevastopol Station things get off to a bad start and from there on in they only get worse.

Alien Isolation is a beautiful game that really captures the atmosphere of the first Alien film perfectly. The game builds the tension very nicely while we wait for our first encounter with the Xenomorph which is not for a few hours but just because she is not on screen does not mean you can sit back and relax because you can feel here watching you stalking you listening to your every breath and movement every beat of your heart every single bead of sweat that drips from your brow draws here closer to you and you closer to instant death.

Before you come into contact with her you must face the challenge of dealing with other stranded humans and deranged unpredictable Synthetics that roam the space station which are no push over. The first time I saw the Xenomorph slide out of an open vent in the ceiling my heart rate increased at an alarming rate it was a fantastic feeling of joy and fear that over came me and she slowly moved about the room waiting for me or something anything to move so she could pounce. For the next 15 plus hours my heart would not return to its normal speed as long as the game was on.

Alien Isolation is everything I have always wanted from an Alien game. I dont want to be an over powered marine loaded to the teeth with weapons that could wipe out a small planet. I want to feel afraid and uneasy I want to feel hunted and every move I make I have to think carefully not just running room to room leaving a trail of devastation. This is survival horror the way it should be done. This game is an intense journey one mistake and your are dead blink at the wrong time and you are dead you need to work very very hard to stay alive and even when you thing you are hidden you will know where you are and she will come and get you.

I have a couple of missions left before I finish the game but up to this point this is a dream come true for me finally a game that deserves have the Alien name attached to it.

9/10

a8c189538255da58fe4e8771d7e1d6d755dd724d.jpg__1920x1080_q85_crop_upscale.jpg ai_launch_screen008_1411636911.jpg Alien_isolation_screenshot.jpg alienisolation4.0.jpg alien-isolation-111.jpg alien-isolation-radar.jpg H8BsHUO.jpg screenshot1.jpg WeFt5YA.jpg woP_yfZivqoz.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg
Old 9th June 2015, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm waiting for the price to drop on this for the 360, not heard a bad word said about it yet
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th June 2015, 08:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm waiting for the price to drop on this for the 360, not heard a bad word said about it yet
I would of been happy still if i had paid full price for it its that good.

Like this? Share it using the links below!