This sums up the PS5
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 11th June 2020, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post

ITS BEAUTIFUL
Think I'll go for the one digital only one if it's a quite a bit cheaper than the blu ray version, could see it easily being £50-100 cheaper
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 11th June 2020, 11:08 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think I'll go for the one digital only one if it's a quite a bit cheaper than the blu ray version, could see it easily being £50-100 cheaper
Im actually tempted by that myself i never thought id say it but my digital library of games has gotten so much bigger
Old 12th June 2020, 07:47 AM
Cult Veteran

The online store release day prices are always £10 sometimes £20 more than buying the disc from somewhere like Shopto so while it might be cheaper to buy a discless console but if you're buying the day one games, that discount is soon going to be less enticing.

However, looking back to the PS4 release all the games were full RRP at launch on disc as well as digital.

I'm not sure I'm going all in at launch, I get the feeling that a 'pro' Nintendo Switch is just around the corner and I like that console much more than my PS4.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th June 2020, 10:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They do what most consoles tend to do, release just before xmas so everyone will go buy one for their partners, kids etc, then just after xmas lower the price a little.
I've never been in a rush to buy any game console wait a year or so and carry on playing the one you've got then when someone fed up and sells it cheaper with some games.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:20 AM
Cult Master

Is Rockstar dead ?

It kills me to even say this about my favourite game studio i have LOVED Rockstar since GTA III i played the top down GTA games when they released but it was when GTA III appeared it changed absolutely everything i fell in love the city felt alive the characters the music the freedom it was amazing thousands of hour driving around Liberty City even to this day i go back to all the GTA game. GTA games went from strength to strength and my love kept growing and growing.

Other amazing games created or published by Rockstar Max Payne ,Manhunt, Red Dead ,Bully , LA Noire and the best movie tie in game of all the The Warriors.

In my eyes Rockstar could do no wrong GTA V arrived another amazing game its no GTA IV but thats my all time favourite game and its hard to improve on perfection all still going well then the downfall was announced GTA Online.....

It sounded exciting and so much fun i was well up for this i would put my Boring real world life aside and go live in the world of San Andreas and at the start it was fantastic it was everything i hoped for tons to do great game modes the community was fun free update every so often making sure it was always fresh and exciting. But then the updates started ramping up the price of in game purchases and the cracks began to show. Unless you were willing to part with real world money for shark cards to be able to buy into the latest updates you were left behind and more and more alienated.

Promises of planned single player DLC were quickly brushed aside for more expensive and more outrageous add ons totally moving away from the GTA V idea.

Suddenly the driving forces behind the entire GTA series left the company just out of the blue and it was really time to start to worry but now we all understand why this happened. Take Two who own Rockstar have zero interest in a single player GTA experience where is the money in that so now they just want to push GTA Online. They even tried to bring the same style of money grabbing to Red Dead 2 Online which is probably the end of any single player DLC for that game too.

With the latest move Rockstar have finally taking a big massive shit upon all the fans of the company and especially GTA series by announcing GTA Online for next gen thats one game three generations.

GTA V was released in 2013 and in 2021 we will get yet another release of GTA V with not even a hint at GTA VI. They literally make billions yes BILLIONS just from GTA series releases but f**k the fans we want that shark card money. Yes its the way of the world but this has broken my heart i never expected Rockstar to go out like this.

Only time will tell but i think it's getting close to game over for this company. At least we have the memories.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:30 PM
Cult Master

Two rants in a day i must be getting cranky in my old age.

I know people like to shit on Call Of Duty but for the most part i really enjoy the online it relaxing and i can switch off my brain and just kick ass. Modern Warfare and its stupid battle royal Warzone mode is constantly getting 30+ GB update every couple of weeks its eating up my hardrive and even more annoying when i want to jump into a few quick rounds in the night. Today was the latest 36GB update and i just said F*** this im out and deleted the whole game. No one asked for 200 player battle royal it should be a separate install from the base game and if you dont want it then delete it or dont download it.

Its back to CoD WWII for my online fix.
Old 17th July 2020, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is my switch friend code if anyone wants too add me

6560-0184-8624

Been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons very addictive.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 19th July 2020, 10:49 PM
Cult Master

Just finished TLOU 2 ill let it sink in and do a review soon.

Spoiler Alert

I'm disappointed

Like this? Share it using the links below!