Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2011, 09:37 PM
thesaunderschild

Default The Silent Hill series?

Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall.

Saunders.
Old 11th October 2011, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think they are fantastic games...i played them all on all versions wasnt keen on forth one and never botherd to finish it.. saying that i tried 3 times and always got low on energy and could never advance further without dying, i got shatterd memories on wii but havent played it for a while, but deffo games worth playing...
Old 11th October 2011, 10:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

aye, mate still wants to play the 1st because i raved about it that much at the time. 2nd is easily one of THE games of all time. 3rd i felt tried too hard, 4th a silly and difficult mess....havent played one since due to not having the machines, but one of these days.....

i take it we all agree that the film was shit apart from pyramid head then??
Old 11th October 2011, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I used to be a big fan of Silent Hill, cleared the first two umpteen times to get all the different endings and what not, but never managed to complete the third! I got to the last boss, but had no ammo at all, so I lost interest and never picked it up again!

The Room was an interesting idea, but poorly executed to be honest. I can't get on with Homecoming because you CAN'T INVERT THE CONTROLS, which is cocking ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to the HD reissue of 2/3 on the PS3/360, so maybe I'll finally complete 3 then.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:05 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaunderschild View Post
Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall.

Saunders.
I am a huge fan of these games and have completed them all. Shattered Memories on wii I thought was better than homecoming. It used such great ideas like using the wii remote as a flash light and phone. The second part worked great as the remote rang, you answer it with A and then hold the speaker to you ear to hear a static noise before a ghost. amazing and scary. Like Baseball I look forward to the HD verisons but think they could have easily included Silent Hill 4
Old 11th October 2011, 03:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Love these games, at the minute the only ones I own are Homecoming for Xbox 360 and the excellent Origins for PSP. Film isn't too bad either

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th October 2011, 03:59 PM
Ex-Member

Oh yeah I forgot origins. That game is awesome with headphones in. very scary. looking forward to downpour but having doubts. Want a silent hill where you can explore the town more. Homecoming was limited in that respect.
Old 11th October 2011, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes two deffo the best, But 1st on was very eerie creepy and extremely atmospheric, and the music did it wonders was realy freaky.
Old 12th October 2011, 10:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

to wit, does anyone else have the soundtracks?? when i 1st saw them advertised, i thought to myself "surely itl only consist of shrieking and clanging??" and boy i was right, have them all up to the 4th (which has songs!! hmmm)

So it is only me that thinks the film is a turd then? c'est la vie....
Old 12th October 2011, 12:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I dont think the film was great but didnt think it was to bad either, Could have been better but at same time a lot of game to film conversion are generaly rubbish,

Like this? Share it using the links below!