Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2015, 08:47 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default The Nordicdusk Gaming News and Reviews Show

I didnt want to keep creating new threads everytime there was an announcement or some general gaming news so i will start this thread to keep it all in one place and throw some reviews in for good measure.

First bit of exciting news that was announced today was the release date for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain which will be available from September 1st. The game looks beautiful and as with all MGS games you have to be prepared for loooooong cut scenes i think i final cut scene in MGS 4 was well over an hour if i remember correctly.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Release Date Revealed - IGN

Old 11th March 2015, 02:50 PM
Cult Master

In gaming news today

Uncharted 4 delayed until spring 2016

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here's Bob with the weather.
trebor8273 and profondo rosso like this.
Old 11th March 2015, 03:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have you had a go at this Alchemilla MOD btw??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th March 2015, 03:43 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have you had a go at this Alchemilla MOD btw??
No I'm not a PC gamer I only have a quite old laptop. Would love to have a proper rig maybe one day.
Old 11th March 2015, 06:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
In gaming news today

Uncharted 4 delayed until spring 2016

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here's Bob with the weather.
Uncharted 4 Delayed Until Spring 2016 - IGN

I am gutted that its going to be another year before we get Uncharted 4 but its nice to see a developer taking its time to make sure everything is perfect for release. On the plus side its one less game to pick up in the busy game months of September to December.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 11th March 2015, 06:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't know about you Nordy but the cut scenes are becoming a pain for me. I just off loaded 1886 because I felt like a viewer not a participator. I don't mind an addition to the narrative but if I want to watch a film I will pop a movie on. What system do you have by the way. I have Sony genes and have had since PS2 before which I flitted between any system I could lay my hands on.
Old 11th March 2015, 06:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
I don't know about you Nordy but the cut scenes are becoming a pain for me. I just off loaded 1886 because I felt like a viewer not a participator. I don't mind an addition to the narrative but if I want to watch a film I will pop a movie on. What system do you have by the way. I have Sony genes and have had since PS2 before which I flitted between any system I could lay my hands on.
Yes i agree about more cut scenes than gameplay getting very annoying. Games need to stop trying to rival films and remain what they started out as games. Im all for a good deep story but it needs to run side by side with gameplay . I have PSP PS2 PS3 and PS4. I also have Xbox Xbox 360 and an Xbox One. I started collecting for Sega Megadrive and SNES awhile back but it can be an expensive hobby so ill just stick with whats easy to come by.
Old 11th March 2015, 06:56 PM
Cult Master

Speaking of Sega Mega Drive there is a new game in production. Im not sure what the availability of it when its released will be but i really hope its easy to get a hold of. This is the best trailer / gameplay at the minute i will follow this one closely.

Project Y Is An Upcoming Beat 'Em Up For the Sega Genesis - IGN
Old 11th March 2015, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gutted about uncharted 4, but better they take there time and give Nathan the send off he deserves. Only thing is sony need a big game for the Xmas period, microsoft have tombraider and Nintendo are supposed to be releasing the new zelda then, if sony don't get a big title out I can see it effecting sales around Christmas
Old 11th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Gutted about uncharted 4, but better they take there time and give Nathan the send off he deserves. Only thing is sony need a big game for the Xmas period, microsoft have tombraider and Nintendo are supposed to be releasing the new zelda then, if sony don't get a big title out I can see it effecting sales around Christmas
Yeah Sony are having a hard time this gen i love my PS4 but i dont think they have delivered on exclusives after the failure of The Order. I hope for their sake Bloodborne will be a success.

Like this? Share it using the links below!