Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2015, 02:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Your Most Terrifying Video Games

Game Over!

Have you guys heard the news about the horror game which has been taking the web by storm, Five Nights At Freddy's is set to be turned into a new film by Warner Bros. (Click here for the BD article of this)

So, to celebrate, What are the scariest video games you have ever played?

Whether it's the latest PS4 game or a game you used to play growing up which has scarred you for life, or even a free game online, reveal your nightmare games below...

Demoncrat and Vipp like this.
Old 8th April 2015, 02:55 PM
Cult Master

The first two Silent Hill games are perfect examples of how to make a horror game. Condemned for the Xbox 360 was another game that kept you on the edge of your seat chasing down a serial killer. Silent Hill is always spoken about but Condemned is criminally over looked.
Old 8th April 2015, 03:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
The first two Silent Hill games are perfect examples of how to make a horror game. Condemned for the Xbox 360 was another game that kept you on the edge of your seat chasing down a serial killer. Silent Hill is always spoken about but Condemned is criminally over looked.
I agree with you Nord, The Condemned is very overlooked i enjoyed that game and actually found it to be quite tense.

I have a few games i enjoy/enjoyed on release that actually had the ability to scare me.

Clock Tower - This game puts you up against 'The Scossorman' a creepy point and click adventure that has aged relativly well since it's release on PS1 - i would get a guide for the game if you haven;t played it as you can have many endings depending on your score, well worth your time.

Anna - the extended edition on PC/PS3 - this game is a mind screw - i can't explain what it is but it had my jumping out of my chair. look it up and enjoy the mental nightmare that follows the title screen. haha

The Suffering - i loved this game and when it was released on the PS2 it was gritty and like condemned on the xbox360 it was tense at points. also lots of gory creatures to keep you running for your life.

Resident Evil - Most people have an opinions on this game but very few have actually completed it - I can;t stress enough that you should play this game and enjoy its jump scares which still work today. it also has a HD release for modern systems so you can enjoy those scares in hi def.

I haven't complete Silent Hill but i have enjoyed the game to the point i got to and it is ascreepy as anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-Clock_Tower_1_Game.jpg (22.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg RESIDENT_EVIL.jpg (92.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg thesuffering_ps2box.jpg (53.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg annacover_0.jpg (102.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Vipp; 8th April 2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 8th April 2015, 03:53 PM
Cult Master

I forgot about The Suffering that's a very creepy game loved it
Old 8th April 2015, 04:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Being as tough as I am, I don't think I've ever really been scared by a video game....

Mind you, when I was a kid, my younger brother would watch me play Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver which would always give him nightmares, so of course that's the only game I would play when he watched me on the PS1

I also remember starting a stupid 'urban legend' when at school of how my copy of V-Rally was haunted by a ghost car and soon had the playground believing it. The 'ghost' is actually the car of your best lap if I remember rightly.
Vipp likes this.
Old 8th April 2015, 05:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post

Resident Evil - Most people have an opinions on this game but very few have actually completed it - I can;t stress enough that you should play this game and enjoy its jump scares which still work today. it also has a HD release for modern systems so you can enjoy those scares in hi def.
LOVE the Resi Evil games, Vipps. The 4th one especially. I don't think I've completed the first game now I think of it - I may have to bring it out after all these years and beating it once and for all!
Old 8th April 2015, 05:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
LOVE the Resi Evil games, Vipps. The 4th one especially. I don't think I've completed the first game now I think of it - I may have to bring it out after all these years and beating it once and for all!
It's a really good game mate, eventually you end up in a morgue and the living dead are super tough and in a nutshell it's brown trouser time when you get caught in a crowd of these super hard zombies. The HD version can be bought on the virtual stores of the modern systems but if you realy love resident evil you can import the HD game on a phisical disc (region free) from japan. i can;t wait to play the HD version but i have complete Resi 1,2,3, 4 and 5.
Old 8th April 2015, 05:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I can't play video games, but used to love it when my brother played the first two Silent Hill ones. They really used the speakers effectively in terms of the character turning around in order to identify where the nearest 'monster' was.

He doesn't like horror films as much as I do, so would hate it when I requested the curtains closed! Those skinless dogs and flying creatures were really effective. Mind you, the groups of mutant children with knives could be tough to deal with.

I always found the Resident Evil games more amusing than scary.
Demoncrat, Nordicdusk and Vipp like this.
Old 8th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I can't play video games, but used to love it when my brother played the first two Silent Hill ones. They really used the speakers effectively in terms of the character turning around in order to identify where the nearest 'monster' was.

He doesn't like horror films as much as I do, so would hate it when I requested the curtains closed! Those skinless dogs and flying creatures were really effective. Mind you, the groups of mutant children with knives could be tough to deal with.

I always found the Resident Evil games more amusing than scary.
When i was younger i was terrified by being trapped in the mansion, the sound of the footsteps and clock ticking and the slow grinding of zombie knees walking towards you was enough to help me make yellow snow cones in winter. i had a lot of fun scares from that game. i agree the other games were less scary bit the first game was great for me.

Nos can i ask why you can't pay video games? I had a friend who also couldn't get on with video games.
Old 8th April 2015, 07:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Nos can i ask why you can't pay video games? I had a friend who also couldn't get on with video games.
My disability means I can't handle the controllers, so the best I can do is solitaire, freecell or something similar on the PC!

Like this? Share it using the links below!