Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   PS4 C Chassis (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/13191-ps4-c-chassis.html)

Zann 31st October 2015 04:47 AM

PS4 C Chassis

Thinking about buying a PS4, ideally 1tb version. It could be a lot clearer which bundles include the C chassis w/ quieter fan etc. I'd like to get it from Argos rather than online unless there's a massive saving to be made. Anyone know which offers definitely include the C chassis (500gb or 1tb)?

MacBlayne 31st October 2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 466701)
Thinking about buying a PS4, ideally 1tb version. It could be a lot clearer which bundles include the C chassis w/ quieter fan etc. I'd like to get it from Argos rather than online unless there's a massive saving to be made. Anyone know which offers definitely include the C chassis (500gb or 1tb)?

According to this article, the 1TB model is the older design.

Zann 1st November 2015 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 466715)
According to this article, the 1TB model is the older design.

Cheers looks like Argos are doing the C chassis 1tb version bundled w/ Unchartered. Decision, decisions...might just sit there gathering dust after a few weeks.

MacBlayne 1st November 2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 466826)
Cheers looks like Argos are doing the C chassis 1tb version bundled w/ Unchartered. Decision, decisions...might just sit there gathering dust after a few weeks.

I got the Phantom Pain model recently. I'm still playing it. And next year has Hitman (cannot wait) and Deus Ex 4.

Zann 1st November 2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 466869)
I got the Phantom Pain model recently. I'm still playing it. And next year has Hitman (cannot wait) and Deus Ex 4.

If I get one I'll get the Wolfenstein games that are out on it first :nod:

MacBlayne 1st November 2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 466875)
If I get one I'll get the Wolfenstein games that are out on it first :nod:

My brother has it and while it is a load of gory fun, it's surprisingly tragic. Parts play out like Terrence Malick was somehow persuaded to make a sci-fi action horror involving Nazi robots on the moon.

Zann 1st November 2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 466877)
My brother has it and while it is a load of gory fun, it's surprisingly tragic. Parts play out like Terrence Malick was somehow persuaded to make a sci-fi action horror involving Nazi robots on the moon.

So my hopes for Return to Castle Wolfenstein only with better graphics are in vein?

MacBlayne 1st November 2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 466924)
So my hopes for Return to Castle Wolfenstein only with better graphics are in vein?

No, no, no. It's bloody good fun. It's just that the game pulls on heartstrings in ways I didn't expect. You actually care about BJ and his allies.

Don't worry. The Nazis are right smug bastards and you will relish punishing them.