Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Best And Worst Sequels In Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/13214-best-worst-sequels-gaming.html)

Nordicdusk 2nd December 2015 06:15 PM

Best And Worst Sequels In Gaming

We all love when a sequel is announced for a game we have loved sometimes they surpass the original sometimes they are complete rubbish. Which sequels do you love or hate?

trebor8273 2nd December 2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 469757)
We all love when a sequel is announced for a game we have loved sometimes they surpass the original sometimes they are complete rubbish. Which sequels do you love or hate?

Uncharted 2 improved on on already fantastic game

Assassins creed 2 was a huge improvement on the boring first game

Nordicdusk 2nd December 2015 10:55 PM

Condemned instantly became one of my favourite all time games as soon as i turned it on amazing all the way through very dark intense and scary. So when a sequel was announce i was over the moon but when it was released i was devastated they destroyed it i didnt enjoy anything about it they changed the main character beyond recognition he went from average everyday cop to a homeless muscular beast. It was just a horrible game with the screaming to kill people saaaay whaaaaat. It still hurts to talk about it :lol:

6566329 17th April 2016 03:16 PM

Hitman Absolution I'd say is one of my favourite sequels. Maybe long-time fans of the series aren't hot on it, but I found the previous Hitman games I'd tried almost unplayable thanks to the shocking controls. Absolution is one of the coolest things I've played. (Not sure about x-ray vision, mind.)

Worst sequel is hard. I do genuinely think, unlike films, a lot of series get better as they go (technological reasons, maybe). Going old and probably obvious, but Super Mario Bros. 2 sucks. Heard the Batman Arkham games just get worse after City, but not tried them myself.

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 10:22 AM

Silent Hill 2 - best

Silent Hill 4 - worst

bleakshaun 16th January 2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 485998)
Silent Hill 2 - best

Silent Hill 4 - worst

Silent Hill 4 isn't bad, now Homecoming and Downpour are bad

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 21st January 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 563080)
Silent Hill 4 isn't bad, now Homecoming and Downpour are bad

Il tak your word for that ... as have played neither ... the 5th game put me off :lol:

4 just had too many 'unkillable' characters. Plus that bit where you go into a loop really pissed me off. Ahem!

bleakshaun 21st January 2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 563534)
Il tak your word for that ... as have played neither ... the 5th game put me off [emoji38]

4 just had too many 'unkillable' characters. Plus that bit where you go into a loop really pissed me off. Ahem!

That's why downpour is worst it has the same sequence and some piss poor design.