Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Is It Worth Buying - Gaming Edition (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/13788-worth-buying-gaming-edition.html)

bleakshaun 27th June 2018 01:15 PM

Is It Worth Buying - Gaming Edition

Just as the title says, there are some gamers here. So if there's any games you're curious about then (hopefully) someone will tell you if it's worth it or not.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Inspector Abberline 30th June 2018 08:26 PM

State of Decay 2 – Xbox One

1 Attachment(s)
State of Decay 2 – Xbox One .

This has so many mixed reviews that its hard to decide,its cheap which is good,but seems to have a few glitches...???

Attachment 206284

saracraw 31st August 2018 06:00 AM

I read some of it reviews online, sounds good to me.

Inspector Abberline 31st August 2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saracraw (Post 586544)
I read some of it reviews online, sounds good to me.

If you mean State of Decay 2,unfortunately I found it a little dull to much wandering about,not eanough action,I went back to playing Mafia 3 instead,its going back to CEX...

Prince_Vajda 6th December 2018 07:43 PM

Can anyone comment on the Logitech G920 racing wheel for Xbox / PC?

Inspector Abberline 6th May 2019 09:09 PM

Far Cry New Dawn

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody played with this latest entry...(oor err)

Attachment 214772

Justin101 1st August 2019 08:37 AM

Has anyone played Until Dawn on PS4?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....IL._SX342_.jpg

If so, what's it like? It was recommended on a podcast and it sounded great. Is it a purely story driven/decision type game or will I have to do any 1st person fighting (I can't do it I'm crap at it...)

bleakshaun 1st August 2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 608480)
Has anyone played Until Dawn on PS4?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....IL._SX342_.jpg

If so, what's it like? It was recommended on a podcast and it sounded great. Is it a purely story driven/decision type game or will I have to do any 1st person fighting (I can't do it I'm crap at it...)

One of my favourite horror games of this decade. Recommended by me, it's a more interactive game similar to the likes of heavy rain, but awkward to control at first but it's easier after a while

Justin101 1st August 2019 05:06 PM

Thanks Shaun, was going to download it off the PSN but it looks like I can a used disc from CEX for a tenner, i'll give it a spin over the weekend.

I wish they had done those HD remaster collections for Silent Hill, I fancy playing that but only have a PS4 now.

Nordicdusk 1st August 2019 06:23 PM

Definitely buy Until Dawn Justin fantastic game.

bleakshaun 1st August 2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 608513)
Thanks Shaun, was going to download it off the PSN but it looks like I can a used disc from CEX for a tenner, i'll give it a spin over the weekend.

I wish they had done those HD remaster collections for Silent Hill, I fancy playing that but only have a PS4 now.

I wouldn't trust Konami with their own IPs, and to be honest the HD collection from the previous generation was pants.

Justin101 16th August 2019 01:33 PM

Friday the 13th The Game ??

Is it worth a go do you think, Switch version is on the eShop now, physical version doesn't come out until the end of September!

bleakshaun 16th August 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 609497)
Friday the 13th The Game ??

Is it worth a go do you think, Switch version is on the eShop now, physical version doesn't come out until the end of September!

I'm not a big multiplayer fan myself, so I'm not too sure

Inspector Abberline 16th August 2019 05:59 PM

cod and chips

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 609510)
I'm not a big multiplayer fan myself, so I'm not too sure

Yeah its online game only, shame as I'm sure they could use bots like in the COD games...

Justin101 16th August 2019 06:05 PM

I watched a game play review earlier and it doesn't really look like my kind of thing. There is an offline mode but you can only play as Jason and it seems the AI of the camp counselors is a bit rubbish/glitchy.

bleakshaun 16th August 2019 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 609513)
I watched a game play review earlier and it doesn't really look like my kind of thing. There is an offline mode but you can only play as Jason and it seems the AI of the camp counselors is a bit rubbish/glitchy.

What do you mean glitchy? [emoji23]
Attachment 217787

Justin101 16th August 2019 07:55 PM

Haha, great graphics.
Seriously though, it seems that they attempt to run away from Jason but end up stopping and doing nothing or get stuck in a weird loop opening and closing doors lol...

Inspector Abberline 25th November 2020 08:17 PM

Star Wars: Squadrons (Xbox One)

1 Attachment(s)

Is it worth it???

Attachment 229649

trebor8273 25th November 2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 640992)

Is it worth it???

Attachment 229649

Not played it but heard it's good things campaign is about 7 hours and has modes with bots. Going to see if it's cheap on black Friday . If you can get it for under £20 I would say go for it.

Justin101 26th November 2020 01:53 PM

It's £21 on the PSN sale at the moment, I know that doesn't help if you only have an Xbox!

MacBlayne 26th November 2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Is it worth it???

Attachment 229649

I heard it's okay at best, but if you have a VR set, it's incredible.

https://youtu.be/84hM3t2j1RM

Nordicdusk 5th December 2020 02:23 PM

Dragon Quest XI is it easy to get into or is it hardcore never played a Dragon Quest before.

Justin101 5th December 2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 641702)
Dragon Quest XI is it easy to get into or is it hardcore never played a Dragon Quest before.

Like Final Fantasy it has a different story for each game so you don't have to have played any. I actually loved this game, it's my fav game I played this year (Switch version) which I believe is the same version that's just come out on Playstation and Xbox, I believe it's included in Game Pass isn't it, give it a go, if you don't like the first 2-3 hours you won't enjoy the rest.

Nordicdusk 5th December 2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 641704)
Like Final Fantasy it has a different story for each game so you don't have to have played any. I actually loved this game, it's my fav game I played this year (Switch version) which I believe is the same version that's just come out on Playstation and Xbox, I believe it's included in Game Pass isn't it, give it a go, if you don't like the first 2-3 hours you won't enjoy the rest.

Thanks ill download it see what happens just looking for something a little different.

trebor8273 5th December 2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Is it worth it???

Attachment 229649

Got it for pc on black Friday enjoy it , mind accounted some bugs in which I had to restart a mission, but it makes you feel like are a rebel or empire pilot.

Inspector Abberline 19th December 2020 08:51 AM

Immortals Fenyx Rising

1 Attachment(s)
Immortals Fenyx Rising.....

What's the verdict???

Attachment 230096

trebor8273 19th December 2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 642432)
Immortals Fenyx Rising.....

What's the verdict???

Attachment 230096

I'm enjoying it, takes a little while to get going and the voice of Zeus is annoying but after the first couple of hours it's enjoyable with lots of stuff too do and find. It's better than cyberpunk if that helps.

Inspector Abberline 19th December 2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 642433)
I'm enjoying it, takes a little while to get going and the voice of Zeus is annoying but after the first couple of hours it's enjoyable with lots of stuff too do and find. It's better than cyberpunk if that helps.

Thanks,it's now dropped in price in Tesco's etc,might pick up over the holidays,is it like Vallaha but with Dragon tits..?

Justin101 19th December 2020 09:21 AM

I might regret this question but what are Dragon Tits :lol: ???

Inspector Abberline 19th December 2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 642438)
I might regret this question but what are Dragon Tits :lol: ???

It's anything to me which vaguely comes close to hobbits cocks and wizards testicles....or anything dungeons and dranony,I have my street cred to think about you know...:santanukem:

Justin101 19th December 2020 09:29 AM

Dragon Tits might be my fav type of game then :lol:

trebor8273 19th December 2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 642436)
Thanks,it's now dropped in price in Tesco's etc,might pick up over the holidays,is it like Vallaha but with Dragon tits..?

It's more like Zelda breath of The wild with Greek gods and monsters and a bit of assassins creed.

Inspector Abberline 11th April 2021 04:07 PM

Gone

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone played Days Gone???

gag 11th April 2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 649607)
Anyone played Days Gone???

Yep me twice, played it again couple days later after finishing it, not a bad game decent, quite large so you’ll get a few good hrs out of it, but at one or two points of the game it’ll say if you take this task you can’t go back up north, it’ll give impression you can’t do certain points if you agree, it’s all part of the game. Once you’ve done that owt you haven’t done you can go back to.

Inspector Abberline 11th April 2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 649608)
Yep me twice, played it again couple days later after finishing it, not a bad game decent, quite large so you’ll get a few good hrs out of it, but at one or two points of the game it’ll say if you take this task you can’t go back up north, it’ll give impression you can’t do certain points if you agree, it’s all part of the game. Once you’ve done that owt you haven’t done you can go back to.

Cheers,I take it is an open world game?

gag 11th April 2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 649609)
Cheers,I take it is an open world game?

Yes different task like gta where some you have to do in order to open the map others you can do when it suites you like extra task side Missions that type of thing, but once you have you can go around where ever when ever, actually that’s best thing to do because you come across extra camps etc to take out and also by doing so helps you find extra tasks, where as some don’t appear if you don’t.

Inspector Abberline 11th April 2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 649610)
Yes different task like gta where some you have to do in order to open the map others you can do when it suites you like extra task side Missions that type of thing, but once you have you can go around where ever when ever, actually that’s best thing to do because you come across camps to take out and also by doing so helps you find extra tasks, where as they don’t appear if you don’t.

Cool cheers gag..