Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2021, 12:46 PM
Thompson

Unhappy

Well, quite frankly, I have to question why Capcom thought putting merchants in the series was even a good idea to begin with. It's not typically something that you ought to associate with a franchise such as Resident Evil, which is more so based on scientific disasters, and whatnot.

If a company wants to experiment by trying new ideas, that's generally fine. There are times when you kind of have to branch out a bit. However, you should really stick to including stuff that typically would belong in the series anyway. I'm not sure how this fantasy based stuff really should be in the series. It's just pretty weird, really.

Anyway, provided the game is going to be good, that's what matters the most to many people. But you sometimes have to remain logical about the general rules of a franchise as well, and ask yourself if this is what Resident Evil is meant to be. Do vampires belong in The Walking Dead? Nope. They do not. So why is that in Resident Evil, all of a sudden?

After all, it was originally supposed to be a series that revolved around viruses, zombies, creatures, and the Umbrella Corporation. This vampire storyline and Tim Burton carry on is just really bizarre. It's just something that I feel doesn't belong in the world of Resident Evil.

Keep in mind here, I'm just stating my opinions. But I'm actually one of many fans who has pointed this out to people.

Like this? Share it using the links below!